Senior Commercial Underwriter
Company: Acuren Group Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Underwrites new and renewal C&I and CRE credit requests
comprised of working capital lines of credit, asset-based lines of
credit, commercial real estate loans (Owner Occupied and Investor)
and equipment financing; most often from moderate-to-complex
enterprises with revenues greater than $5 million. Collaborates
with Client Solutions Managers ("CSMs") and Relationship Managers
to accurately present findings, including business rationale and
risk mitigations, in order to obtain credit approval and meet
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyze business, industry, financial data and other supporting
credit information concerning an applicant's credit request;
identifies key business and financial risks that may impact the
repayment prospects by the borrower; derives conclusions supporting
the credit recommendation based on documented facts and/or sound
* Prepare timely, concise and accurate credit recommendations, with
limited supervision or revision. Includes: (1) quantitative
components within the underwriting narrative documenting the credit
analysis; (2) accurate use of risk rating scoring models (aka Dual
Risk Rating), both quantitative and qualitative rating elements, to
ensure customers and loans are properly risk-rated; (3) accurate
identification and mitigation of all exceptions to Bank tracked
policies exceptions (TPE), tracked guidelines exceptions (TGE),
procedures and compliance regulations; and (4) accurate loan coding
consistent with nature of the borrowing relationship and terms of
* Monitor borrower financial performance in line with commercial
and/or real estate loan documents; spreads financial statement
and/or ensures required financial statements are spread in
accordance with Bank Guidelines and resulting covenant calculations
are accurate, complete and adhere to approval conditions and loan
documentation. Collaborates with CSM to ensure borrower
notifications are sent and approvals are obtained to resolve any
violations in a timely manner.
* Partners with CSMs and Relationship Managers to offer insights
into customer financial needs, including opportunities identified
using Line of Business-approved relationship expansion tools. May
also offer opinions related to a loan structure's effectiveness to
mitigate risks, appropriate to prevailing competitive market
environment and Bank risk tolerances.
* Partners with CSMs and Relationship Managers in customer and
prospect calls as appropriate. May shadow manage a portfolio with
CSM as part of training and development, with Underwriting Manager
and Market Director mutual approval.
* May oversee the work of other commercial underwriters or credit
analysts, including the timely review of credit reports prepared by
other underwriters to ensure a high level of report quality prior
to submission for approval; findings to be captured via a
standardized Quality Control (QC) Checklist and used to provide
guidance and training to underwriters.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned
job function and applies to designated job responsibilities --
knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
* Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations,
and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and
procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E,
Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job
* May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach
coursework as subject matter expert.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate
culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to
* Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: None REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
* 6+ years of commercial underwriting/credit analysis experience or
relevant lending experience.
* Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Advanced credit and credit quality skills including accounting,
financial statement spreading, and cash flow analysis experience;
ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has
the interest in learning to train and present.
* Demonstrated time management skills, reflecting the ability to
juggle multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering work product
* Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across
the company to manage internal and external customer
* Possess excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation
skills, including ability to train and present to small and large
audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
* Advanced knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and
documentation. PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10
* Requires close visual acuity.
* Normal office environment.
* Occasional travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Acuren Group Inc, Portland , Senior Commercial Underwriter, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!