Finance Systems Analyst
Company: Central City Concern (CCC)
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation. Central City--Concern--(CCC)
maintains--an excellent reputation--in the community--and is one of
the largest nonprofit organizations in the Portland--metro--region.
The Finance Systems Analyst (SA) is a member of the Enterprise
Applications team. The team is currently focused on work to
optimize the Finance systems workflow and configuration, most
notably Abila MIP, to improve key finance business processes. The
position is challenged to automate and/or improve existing systems
and review computer system capabilities and limitations. In
addition to improvements and automation, the SA is an active
participant in software administration tasks, which includes but
not limited to major software updates, which may include systems or
tools that are not directly related to Finance. The SA position
works collaboratively with other IT team members and
internal/external stakeholders to understand and translate agency
needs into conceptual designs, data visualization, and system
enhancements. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with managers to determine the role of the IT system in
- Research emerging technologies to decide if they can increase
the organization's effectiveness and efficiency.
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how
to develop applications that meet agency needs.
- Prepare an analysis of costs and benefits so that management
can decide if IS upgrades are financially worthwhile.
- Devise ways to add new functionality to existing computer
- Expand or modify systems to serve new purposes and/or improve
- Design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring
- Oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of
- Customize software applications to align them with CCC
- Develop, document and revise system designs, tests, and quality
- Conduct testing to ensure the systems work as expected.
- Assist in training end users and writing instruction
- Provide staff with assistance solving computer related
problems, such as malfunctions and application issues.
- Confer with customers/staff regarding the nature of the
information processing or computation needs.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports.
- Attend all mandatory CCC trainings.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including
HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements
regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support
compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to
community partners' and outside providers' patient confidentiality
agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR
access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected
health information or personal identification information of any
person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the
CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
designee. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER DUTIES: The System Analyst may also
perform other duties as assigned that are aligned with analyzing,
designing, and implementing information systems, which includes
determining the suitability of IS solutions in terms of their
intended outcomes, functions and interactions with end users,
software vendors and programmers to achieve desired outcomes.--This
may include working with systems not directly supporting Finance.
Other duties as assigned. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Candidates must be
proficient in collaborating with product owners and development
teams to understand and contribute to vision and value of specific
projects. Candidate is a skilled expert in navigating competing
requirements and technical restraints in innovative environments.
Candidate is knowledgeable in documenting use cases, process maps,
and design/lean/agile artifacts. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems (MIS),
Computer Science (CS) OR equivalent combination of education and
- 2+ years' experience in business/systems analysis, application
development, report writing or other IS activities.
- Experience supporting enterprise accounting ledger systems,
preferably Abila MIP.
- Experience with financial applications systems (must be able to
thoroughly understand business use cases for financial
- Experience implementing and customizing vendor software and/or
building custom applications through full system
- Good understanding in user experience and interface design and
- Knowledgeable in Visual Basic and Microsoft legacy programming
- Capable in Unified Modeling Language, wireframes, and/or other
- Experienced in writing queries, views and stored procedure in
- Skillful in reporting tools, such as SQL Server Report
- Knowledgeable in Design Thinking, Lean Thinking and/or Agile
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
- Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual
orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
- Master's degree MIS, CS or a Master of Business Administration
- Understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how
they're applied in workplace culture
- Agile mindset, Agile or SCRUM certification or experience is a
- Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Continual Education certifications related to SA
- 5+ years' experience in business/systems analysis, application
development, report writing or other IS activities.
- Advanced understanding of SQL Server and related tools and
- Professional UML and prototyping experience.
- History of working on full stack web development
projects/products. BENEFITS: Central City Concern offers an
incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 6.25% in your 1 st --year, 8% in the 2 nd --year, and 10% in
your 3 rd --year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
Disability Insurance! Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern (CCC), Portland , Finance Systems Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!