Tax Senior - International Tax
Company: Perkins & Co
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is
our top priority. We're closely monitoring COVID-19 developments
and following guidance from health authorities and government
officials. The Perkins & Co office is open with restrictions and
most employees are working remotely; interviews will be held
virtually for the foreseeable future.
We are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are
located and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring
visas or hiring internationally.
Are you a Tax Senior or Experienced Staff who would like to build
their career in the International niche? If you have two years'
recent experience preparing corporate returns, are dedicated to
creating a strong deliverable for clients, and enjoy supporting
your teammates, this could be a great fit!
What's in it for you?
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe
in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop a career
that fulfills their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a
great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a
positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to
continually increasing our competencies.
- You won't feel like an island; expand your skills and knowledge
in this niche while you work alongside a team of CPAs who have the
- Collaborate with Tax Managers and Shareholders to facilitate
projects and obtain more exposure to complex tax issues
- Opportunity to interact directly with clients (more quickly
than customary on other teams)
- Develop critical skills such as reviewing work of tax staff and
providing constructive criticism/work notes in addition to
- Ample career growth opportunity
- If you're local and want to work in the office/hybrid, great
downtown Portland location with easy access to dining,
entertainment, public transportation, parking, and excellent
- Flexible for fully remote arrangement (local or outside the
area); relocation assistance available for anyone who wants to move
Where do you want to go? Let's Get There.
If you're the Perkins kind of accountant, we know you're not an "in
the box" thinker and you'd never settle for "good enough." Like us,
you view continuing education as a necessity, not a bonus. With us,
you'll receive comprehensive training and support from a variety of
high-quality resources. There's no one-size-fits-all formula;
together, we'll design the right development path for you. You'll
benefit from individualized attention from managers and
shareholders while you contribute to our collaborative environment
that encourages all employees to learn from each other.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client's business,
- Accurately and thoroughly prepare various US tax returns with
- Manage competing priority deliverables and communicate
accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service
- Interface with clients to gather data and assist in
- Communicate both internally and externally to manage
expectations and keep the engagement progressing
- Develop and motivate engagement staff by providing technical
assistance as needed
- Minimum 2 years' recent experience in public accounting,
preferably in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm
- Must have experience preparing corporate returns; experience
with international entity returns is preferred (but not required);
experience reviewing returns is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (e.g.,
Microsoft Office, Practice Engine, CCH ProSystem fx, etc.) is
required; experience working in a paperless environment
- In depth experience in preparing/reviewing international
information returns such as 5471/8865/8858 preferred
- Experience with foreign tax credit computations including
expense allocation/apportionment preferred
- Experience in calculating FDII (Foreign Derived Intangible
Income) deduction preferred
- Good understanding of overall business tax returns
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills; high level of
attention to details
- CPA preferred
Does this sound like the right match for you? If so, please submit
your resume to get the conversation started!
Questions? Email Areena McLaughlin, Talent Acquisition Manager, and
Julie Brodell-Martin, Senior Recruiting Specialist, at .
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits:Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our
employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a
sleek office, fun events and great parties, all of which we do
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan
with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid
time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive
health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our
website for more information ()
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide
comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a
variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance
USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you
don't have to work long hours to be successful.
Keywords: Perkins & Co, Portland , Tax Senior - International Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!