Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team!
This Accountant will part of our amazing Finance Team and will be
responsible for performing month-end close activities, analyze and
verify financial information, and prepare internal financial
reports. We are looking for an individual who will work closely
with all departments and develop strong working relationships
amongst their team.
Why work for Performance?
Medical, dental, and vision coverage on day 1!
Company matched 401K
Employee Stock Purchas Plan
Generous paid time off
Unlimited growth opportunities
Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide information to the field regarding accounting practices
- Reconcile and review general ledger accounts.
- Apply accounting knowledge to lead teams on projects.
- Provide guidance to the Finance Team
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to
- Prepare and/or review detailed journal entries.
- Prepare and record month-end accruals.
- Prepare and publish internal month-end, quarter-end, and
- Perform moderately complex accounting reconciliations and
balance sheet trend analysis, as assigned.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Required
Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
2+ years of experience in general ledger accounting
Thorough understanding and application of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Demonstrated computer and analytical skills
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of
Ability to work in office and flexible hours as requiredPreferred
Qualifications:Public accounting experience
AS400, IBM Cognos and exposure to inventory management systems or
other major ERP solutions
Knowledge of SOX requirements and maintain compliance with key
controls related to accounting duties
Participation in process improvement initiatives
Demonstrated oral/written communication, interpersonal,
organizational, and customer service skillsPerformance Food Group
and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the
"Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national
origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran
status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local,
state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the
following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the
Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Portland , Accountant II, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!