Senior, Business Analyst
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Use your Business Analysis (BA) testing skills to cultivate
innovative technologies for a fast-growing segment within Deloitte
Tax. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing industry and work
with a team of proven innovators!
Work you'll do
As a Senior BA on our team you will be working closely with tax
SMEs, business analysts, and application developers to aggregate,
prioritize, and report out on impact of the top-quality issues
affecting the projects. Additionally, you will:
- Collaborate with tax professionals/SMEs to document business
- Communicate business requirements and desired system-related
capabilities to development team.
- Design/develop Power BI dashboards.
- Provide technical and functional support to software
- Work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple
projects, assignments and/or responsibilities.
- Collaborate with tax SMEs, business analysts, and application
developers to ensure a shared understanding of the business model
and the detailed function requirements.
- Plan, design, and execute tests of internally developed
software application features including user interfaces, business
logic, data access, etc.
- Troubleshoot, and critique software components.
- Provide status updates regarding defect resolution and
development initiative progress.
- Recommend solutions to improve test management, execution, and
- Perform quality assurance and end-user acceptance testing to
confirm the product satisfies end-user requirements and needs
- Analyze feature requirements and assist in identifying
requirement enhancements to improve product efficiency.
- Assist to conduct feature demonstrations for stakeholders once
testing is concluded.
- Perform Production and test environments smoke testing for
patch, Production release and deployments
- Assist in defining performance testing process as
- Establish and evolve seamless regression test process to
include existing features and new features.
- Collaborate and mentor junior team members in U.S. and
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within
Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each
NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a
tax planning idea, a marketplace driver, or a technological
innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our
clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always
had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide
tax planning for the largest organizations across all
- Four (4)+ years' experience as a tax professional and/or
financial software business analyst.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, engineering, MIS/CIS, computer
science, mathematics, or other business technology related field
required. Problem solving ability is paramount regardless of
initial feed of education.
- Ability to understand and document complex tax
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment,
problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work with a team of developers to design, develop,
validate, manage, and maintain custom built software solutions
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and virtually.
- ISTQB certified software tester certification obtained or in
process or must be able/willing to obtain.
- Experience working in consulting environment.
- Ability to analyze testing requirements based on the business
- Experience of Agile methodologies and SCRUM processes.
- Familiarity with SQL, Figma, Alteryx, Azure DevOps, Power BI is
- Experience documenting software requirements.
- Experience writing and executing software test cases and test
- Desire to learn new aspects of business and tax concepts and
apply to mathematical computational efforts.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- High attention to detail, results-oriented, self-directed, and
inquisitive with an analytical mindset
- If qualified for CPA examination or in the process of
obtaining/willing to obtain a CPA, CPA or enrolled agent, or other
- Knowledge of account or partnership U.S. federal income tax is
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Keywords: Deloitte, Portland , Senior, Business Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!