Director of Accounting
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Summary:Responsible for creating and maintaining
financial records, accounts payable and receivable management and
cash handling procedures. Responsible for leading the accounting
staff. Have comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP). 10 years business experience, and
accounting degree, and either CPA or CMA preferred.Essential
- Oversee all areas of the properties' financial reporting,
audits, cash drops and bank account balances.
- Developing and maintaining accounting policies and
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the year-end close
process with internal and external auditors
- Ensuring successful completion of the company's tax
- Preparing financial statements, including cash flow
- Hiring, training and retaining competent accounting staff
- Select, supervise, schedule, discipline, counsel and train all
- Prepare and post journal entries for monthly financial
- Reconcile monthly account balance sheets.
- Assure property operations meet internal audit standards.
- Train cost controls, revenues and other duties.
- Direct the development and implementation of internal control
to ensure the security and accurate recording of property assets,
liabilities, income, expenses, and other transactions.
- Complete all employee documentation, including new hire
paperwork, coaching/counseling reports, performance evaluations,
salary changes and termination documentation.
- Generate monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the creation of the annual budget and subsequent
- Prepare reports for regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that all licenses, permits and insurance policies are
current and comply with local, state and federal laws.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics.Additional
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment and immediately report all
- Maintain a good working relationship with all departments.
- Comply with all policies and procedures set forth by the
property Employee Handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years (10 preferred) experience as a Controller
or Finance Manager preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management
Account (CMA) preferred
- Superior knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Possess strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to mentor, lead, and be a role model.
- Polished communicator to interact within the property, company,
and with ownership as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of departmental operations.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss
reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet
Keywords: Confidential, Portland , Director of Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!