Senior General Asset Accountant - Portland, Oregon - #109275
Company: PacifiCorp -
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Select how often (in
days) to receive an alert: Create Alert Senior General Asset
Accountant - Portland, Oregon - #109275PacifiCorp is seeking
customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a
culture of customer service excellence, environmental
sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.General
PurposeProvides professional accounting services utilizing U.S.
generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the Federal
Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) Uniform System of Accounts.
Activities include interpretation and application of accounting and
capitalization policies, including those issued by governmental and
regulatory bodies; analysis of construction project costs,
including removal costs; preparation and maintenance of fixed asset
records; and external and ad hoc financial
- Perform fixed assets/general accounting and month-end close
activities through the preparation and processing of journal
entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and support of
internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance
- Compile, analyze and interpret asset construction costs to
determine if capital or expense in nature and allocate capital
costs to final asset records created in PacifiCorp's fixed asset
- Create, retire and transfer fixed assets records and maintain
continuing property records in accordance with the requirements of
the FERC's Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze cost data on capital projects and provide
recommendations to field personnel based on capitalization
- Consult with operational and management personnel on issues
that may be critical, complex, sensitive, or urgent in nature,
identifying and implementing solutions.
- Provide fixed assets related information to support the
development of regulatory filings submitted to state and federal
regulatory oversight agencies.
- Perform ad hoc reporting, which may include drafting responses
to data requests from state regulatory commissions, external
auditors, other regulatory bodies and other internal requests.
- Provide financial, analytical and general business support to
internal client organizations.
- Perform ad hoc analytical and reporting tasks, including
gathering information from other departments, interfacing with
various levels of management and preparation and/or review of
supporting work papers in a manner conducive to achieving
compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field; or the
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience that has
contributed to the development of skills in accounting, including
the ability to gather and analyze complex financial data and
provide written explanations based upon analysis.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers, including
spreadsheet applications, when conducting analysis and financial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of an organization,
including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to
work as a member of a team.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an advanced degree.
- General understanding of utility regulation and the FERC Code
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, company accounting policies,
procedures and practices and company accounting systems; an
understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley
legislation.Additional InformationReq Id: 109275 -
Company Code: PacifiCorp -
Primary Location: PORTLAND
Department: Pacific Power -
Schedule: FULL TIME -
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 72,500.00 - 85,300.00
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance
incentive bonus of up to 12.00% of salary. -Employees must be able
to perform the essential functions of the position with or without
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion.
PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required
by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or
military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any
other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check and drug screening.
Career Segment: Compliance, CPA, Accounting, Law, Sustainability,
Legal, Finance, Energy
Keywords: PacifiCorp -, Portland , Senior General Asset Accountant - Portland, Oregon - #109275, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!