SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - AUDIT & CLOSE
Company: Dr. Martens
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Audit and financial month end close is your jam! Not only are
you seriously skilled in GAAP & IFRS, but you also know how to
organize and manage a timeline to hit external & internal
deadlines. External auditors? You've got this! If you're looking
for your next challenge in a fast-paced environment, keep reading.
You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team
in enhancing Dr. Martens' footprint in the Americas region.THE
STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Primary contact for Dr. Martens Americas region with external
auditors completing semi-annual and year end financial audits as
well as other audits, as needed.
- Work closely with Group finance and financial consolidation
teams in the UK to ensure financial compliance.
- Manage monthly close timeline and checklists to ensure accuracy
and timeliness of financial reporting
- Calculate the returns provision calculations, revenue
recognition and other month end calculations as needed.
- Review of monthly financials to ensure proper backup and
support for key account balances.
- Maintain routine testing and monitoring and recommend
improvements on internal controls.
- Help draft annual standalone regional financial statements and
footnotes in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of regional annual financial reporting pack and key
contact for global consolidation team for regional submission of
financial compliance data.
- Develop reports and analysis, as needed, to ensure that
management, Group, and Board reporting needs are met and to
identify unusual trends that might indicate fraud, waste, or
- Understand and document financial processes across Ecommerce,
wholesale, and retail channels using visual diagrams and written
memosYOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIESIt's never just a job at Dr.
Martens. It's a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals -
INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who
we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as
unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also
possess these qualities:
- 3+ years of relevant experience required, including auditing
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational project management
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the footwear and/or apparel industry a plus.
- International & domestic travel: 5%.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per
week with or without accommodations.
- A connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and
our Fundamental Qualities.At DMs, technical capability will go hand
in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through
- Be a proud custodian to our DM's culture, embodying what we
stand for and encouraging others to do the same.
- Help build a highly engaged team - ensuring a collaborative
culture and providing guidance & support to other team
- Take ownership for own development, proactively seeking out
feedback to build self-awareness.
- Bring the outside-in; share best practice across the team /
business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative
- Lead the way and role model on all things DE&I &
wellbeing.At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an
environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part
of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on
- Early Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland based office & rooftop
- Our Employee Assistance Program - for when times might get
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement savings plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around
the worldAre you ready to fill your boots? Apply now!join our job
alerts and be the first to hear about new opportunities
Keywords: Dr. Martens, Portland , SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - AUDIT & CLOSE, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!