Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Warner Pacific College
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Summary Description: The Accounts Payable Specialist processes
accounts payable and expense reporting for the University. This
individual also generates reconciliations and completes special
projects as assigned and provides support to the Controller and
Compensation Range: $48,000 - $54,000
Primary Job Duties:
- Process requisitions, invoice payables, check requests and
create purchase orders.
- Completes weekly check run for payables by matching invoices to
- Send positive pay file for accounts payables to the bank on a
per check run basis.
- Communicate with vendors as appropriate, maintain vendor
information and check registers.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of A/P subsidiary ledger to
general ledger control account.
- Generate recurring monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, contract
and beneficiary payments, either by check or ACH
- Generate student refunds through the Bill.com
- Audit expense reports in the Certify credit card expense
- Create 1099NEC and 1099Misc annual tax filing reports.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students, and vendors.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis during University
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education
by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the
Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of
national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- 3+ years in an accounting role with increasing responsibility
in accounts payable.
- Proficient in computer programs including Windows, Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy, meet deadlines, and work
effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or in a related field such as
business administration or finance.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
Warner Pacific University's Mission:Warner Pacificis
aChrist-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving,
Hispanic-serving, Liberal arts University dedicated to providing
students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares
them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring
practices reflect our missional commitment to being a
Warner Pacific University's Commitment to Diversity:Warner Pacific
Universityis an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse
workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and
socio-economic backgrounds.Warner Pacific University is committed
to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that
demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that
reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve.
Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Physical Demands - Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment.
Professional/business casual attire is required.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific
University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted
condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing
salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in
diversity; and a call to holy living as God's people representing
Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring
subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each
employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a
statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the
employee's understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific.
Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital
Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a
Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New
Warner Pacific's students, faculty and staff are expected to foster
an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for
the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their
conduct and communication. The University environment is expected
to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying).
When an individual's behavior has direct implications for others
and/or the well- being of the University community, there may be
cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy
environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests.
Therefore, smoking is not permitted on university property, in its
vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal
drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly
prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is
strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Keywords: Warner Pacific College, Portland , Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!