Software Engineer: Marketing Tech
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to
buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like
bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New
York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve
requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance
standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial
Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014
by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the
individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and
opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build
crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you
are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell,
and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a
technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that
includes giving our employees flexibility of choice our Office
Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our
physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but its run like a
tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. Theres a
wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini from properly
securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds,
to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new
techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API
response times, and everything in between.
All of Geminis engineers are able to work across the software
platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value
a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled
with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering
The Role: Software Engineer: Marketing Tech
- Improve developer feedback cycles by speeding up compiling and
- Develop utilities and patterns to increase developer
- Develop linters and other static analysis tools to increase
- Improve feedback cycles at all levels of development (examples:
improving the experience of iterating on code locally, deploying to
test environments, deploying to production)
- Improve organization wide concerns (examples: improving the
observability of running systems, language and library
- Help other technologists at Gemini be more effective in their
roles, through tool and library improvements
- Write automated tests and work with our QA team to ensure the
operation and correctness of new product features.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design,
and requirements process for new products and features.
- Review other software engineers code for correctness, style,
and information security concerns.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the
Gemini code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade
- Support your teams production software by responding to an
occasional alert or bug report.
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience.
- Advanced proficiency in at least one language. We use mostly
Scala and C++ on our backend and Typescript on the frontend its
great if youre comfortable in those or if youre willing to learn.
Kudos if you have experience with Bazel.
- Good to have prior work experience (or willingness to learn)
with building CI/CD pipelines. We mostly use Jenkins at
- Genuinely passionate about working with developers and
improving their experience and velocity.
- Containerization experience or know-how of docker or similar
- The ability to work closely across teams and manage
- A customer- and product-focused mindset, with the ability to
make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities
in collaboration with peers.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people
we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or
Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud
to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action
employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation,
please let a member of the People Team know.
Keywords: Gemini, Portland , Software Engineer: Marketing Tech, Advertising , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!