Whole Body Order Writer - Located in Lake Oswego, OR
Company: Whole Foods Market
Location: Oregon City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Located in Lake Oswego, OR:Orders, replenishes, and merchandises
Whole Body products and participates in regional and national sales
promotions. Performs all functions related to breaking down
deliveries, moving back stock to floor, and merchandising new
products, and stocking shelves. Assists Team Leader in organizing
and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive
company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient
service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions
must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard
Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and
able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job
descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values
and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and
initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and
safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties
required in the department.Job Responsibilities
- Purchases and replenishes products through proper buying
- Ensures orders are timely and accurate to monitor inventory
- Ensures the product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and
- Achieves and exceeds assigned / established margin and sales
- Builds product displays according to movement, promotions,
profitability, value, and regional guidance.
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Maintains and monitors department waste, spoilage, and transfer
- Maintains a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.Job Skills
- Extensive product knowledge, including production,
distribution, seasonal availability, advances, and trends.
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products,
nutritional information, and other areas of study.
- Working knowledge and application of all Whole Body-related
- Demonstrates a desire to grow with the Whole Body team.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
- Strong basic math skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- 12+ months retail experience.Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours, sitting 1-4
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.Note: The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Portland , Whole Body Order Writer - Located in Lake Oswego, OR, Advertising , Oregon City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!