Company: Ponzi Vineyards
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Ponzi Vineyards has been acquired by legendary French family wine
group S.J. Bollinger (Champagne Bollinger, Champagne Ayala,
Burgundy wine Chanson, Loire Valley wine Langlois Chateau, and
Cognac Delamain), with the ambition to make it the top-of-mind
brand for Oregon fine wine.
We are seeking a Marketing Assistant that is an energetic, fun and
ambitious individual to join our team and help us fulfill this
The ideal candidate will have some experience in the wine industry
and a warm and professional demeanor. A strong work ethic,
proactive attitude, good communication, attention to detail and
good organizational skills are key attributes. Reporting directly
to the Brand Experience Director and occasionally to the CEO and
Hospitality Director, this individual will play a key role in our
marketing department. -
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist in creating/executing frequent product promotions, event
and newsworthy email blasts to database utilizing email and
* Assist in updating all websites in a timely fashion with key
trade information, including wines, winemakers' notes, acclaim POS
* Assist in creation of marketing materials and wholesale POS,
including shelf talkers, brochures, tasting notes, sell sheets,
flight menus, etc for national and international sales.
* Assist in annual multi-department marketing project calendar to
ensure cross-promotion and awareness of activities.
* Maintain brand standards for consistency across all department
* Ensure the effective, brand appropriate communication tools are
developed, distributed, and fully utilized across all
* Assist in copy write for brochures, sell sheets, miscellaneous
collateral and POS as directed.
* Assist in maintaining and annual calendar and media database of
editorial and tasting deadlines.
* Respond to inquiries for information, insight, and samples for
* Assist in the organization in hosting media and trade visits to
* Maintain an organized library of company images/digital
* Coordinate logistics and arrange staffing for consumer and trade
events, occasionally pouring.
* Responsible for tracking and shipping publication
* Photocopy, scan, mailing and filing related to marketing
* Perform other marketing duties as assigned
* Support marketing efforts at on and off-site events.
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a
warm/positive team-oriented attitude.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and communicate
* Strong attention to detail.
* Understands and values external and internal customers.
* Maintains an optimistic approach with a can-do, results oriented
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a
high level of detail and customer service.
* Instill trust and confidence that tasks will be done according to
the plan and on time.
* Demonstrates integrity, is forthright, accepts responsibility, is
personally accountable, straightforward, truthful, and of good
Requirements and Experience:
* 2+ year winery experience is a plus.
* Keen understanding of MS Office Suite, understanding of
WineDirect and our current design software is a plus.
* Solid written and oral communication skills.
* Able to occasionally work weekdays/weekends 9:00 am - 6:00 pm,
with flexibility to work occasional holidays and evenings.
Compensation & Benefits:
* Compensation will be based on experience.
* Health Insurance, Ponzi will cover 85% of the employee up to plan
B with the opportunity to add on Vision and Dental.
* 120 hours PTO accrued at 10 hours every month.
* Paid holidays: - New Years, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth,
Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and
Christmas. - If you are required to work on a specific holiday it
will become a floating holiday to be used in the same pay
* 401K eligible after meeting the plan requirements, Ponzi matching
up to 5%
* Wine & retail merchandise at 50% off.
* Allocation of new wines on release
More about Ponzi Vineyards: Founded by Dick and Nancy Ponzi in
1970, Ponzi Vineyards is one of Oregon's original wineries that has
contributed to fostering the success and growth of the region's
Pinot Noir over the last 50 years. In April 2021, the Bollinger
Family united with the Ponzi Family in its first official
acquisition outside of France with Luisa Ponzi remaining as the
Director of Winemaking and Viticulture.
More about The Bollinger Family: In addition to the iconic
Champagne Bollinger, the Bollinger family owns the following
leading historic French producers: Champagne Ayala, founded in
1860, and specialist in Chardonnay-dominant Champagnes; Domaine
Chanson, founded in 1750, owner of 111 acres of Premier and Grand
Cru vineyards in the heart of Burgundy; Langlois-Chateau, founded
in 1885, a leading historical producer of Cremant and now also with
important Sancerre holdings, all together totaling 175 acres in the
best parts of the Loire Valley; and Cognac Delamain, founded in
1824, renowned for focusing entirely on the production of highest
quality, aged Cognacs, only XO and above. These domains are all
linked to their terroir by owning and farming vineyards. S.J.
Bollinger's mission is to offer consumers around the world great
experiences around premium wines from the best wine regions.
To apply for this role: Please respond with your resume and a brief
cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Keywords: Ponzi Vineyards, Portland , Marketing Assistant, Advertising , Sherwood, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!