Posted on: November 11, 2018
TEGNA representing KGW 8, the ratings leader in the Portland market and one of the greatest cities in the country, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and energetic Reporter. If you like to tell great stories, thrive in a fast-paced, team environment, we want to hear from you. You must love where our business is headed and be aggressive at participating on all platforms. Brief Description of Duties: Report and cover events of news interest, business and technology, special events, and breaking news on multiple platforms. You must be motivated and aggressive about enterprising stories and known for going the extra mile in service of telling stories that are meaningful to the people we serve. You will be expected to contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the web sites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with America's finest photojournalists to produce the most creative, compelling stories. You must be proficient with live reporting, including breaking news. You may also anchor or do fill-in anchor work on any newscast. If you have experience and skills as a multi-media journalist capable of performing as a one-person operation for distribution on multiple platforms, then you will have an advantage. Qualifications:
- College degree with minimum two years' experience as a general assignment reporter in a medium to large market.
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
- Good business and technology acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet etc.
- Good understanding of operating video equipment desired. Must be willing to work overtime and any shift.To be considered a candidate for an opening at KGW you must complete the online application on the job page found on: www.kgw.com/about and attach your resume, video link, and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool. If you want to send a DVD of your work, in addition to applying online, please send it to the attention of Rick Jacobs, Executive News Director at: KGW TV, 1501 SW Jefferson St., Portland, OR 97201. About TEGNA TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com. TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Keywords: KGW, Portland , Reporter, Advertising , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!