Special Education Teacher - Part Time (After School, Up To 12 hours Per Week)
Company: Catapult Learning
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Special Education TeachersPositions (In-person, Hybrid, and/or
Virtual) to Start in FebruaryAfter School Hours (up to 2.5 hours
M-Th + prep time)This program will provide academic specialized
instruction in math, reading, and writing to students grades K-12
who require recovery services.About Us:We are an organization of
dedicated educators who know how exciting and rewarding it is to
help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose
training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide
successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching,
excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the
schools we serve across the US. We emphasize flexible work
schedules, small group teaching -environments and high professional
standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and
help students achieve beyond expectations.The Opportunity:Special
Education Teachers will be responsible for providing academic
services in math and reading for students who require additional
support to thrive in school. They will partner with District staff
to deliver targeted high quality instruction and curriculum as
provided by Catapult Learning, and collaborate with both school
personnel and families to provide services to students. Every child
deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire
exceptional teachers who will play an essential role in fueling
student success.You Are:Someone who is passionate about serving
students with special needs so that they can perform at their
highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You
believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a
positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building
relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through
difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness
to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and
character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing Catapult
Learning's instructional models, strategies, and curriculum.
- Facilitate individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by
Catapult Learning, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored,
including to and from appropriate locations within the school.
- Attend and document conferences, meetings, and trainings with
- Maintain a clean and safe academic learning environment for all
- Other duties may be assigned.The Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Zoom.
- A belief that all students can learn.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and
external partners. -The Pay: -$45 per hourPhysical
- Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Work takes place in
- As a condition of employment within this program, staff will be
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. -
Keywords: Catapult Learning, Portland , Special Education Teacher - Part Time (After School, Up To 12 hours Per Week), Education / Teaching , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!