Special Education Teacher for Summer School - Part Time (12-20 hours per week)
Company: Catapult Learning
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Special Education TeachersIn Person Positions for
SummerTues-Thurs: June 28th - July 21st -This program will provide
academic specialized instruction in math, reading, and writing to
students grades K-12 who require recovery services.Paid Training
(Required): will take place remotely during the week of June 20th
-About Us:We are an organization of dedicated educators who know
how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are
eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience
add to our ability to provide successful, research based
instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services,
and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US. We
emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching
-environments and high professional standards and will provide you
the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond
expectations.The Opportunity:Special Education Teachers will be
responsible for providing academic services in math and reading for
students who require additional support to thrive in school. They
will partner with District staff to deliver targeted high quality
instruction and curriculum as provided by Catapult Learning, and
collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide
services to students. Every child deserves to reach their full
potential and we're looking to hire exceptional teachers who will
play an essential role in fueling student success.You Are:Someone
who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that
they can perform at their highest level and realize productive,
fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and
have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students.
You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and
persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of
optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to
improving outcomes for students.The Responsibilities:
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and
character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing Catapult
Learning's instructional models, strategies, and curriculum.
- Facilitate individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by
Catapult Learning, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored,
including to and from appropriate locations within the school.
- Attend and document conferences, meetings, and trainings with
- Maintain a clean and safe academic learning environment for all
- Other duties may be assigned.The Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Zoom.
- A belief that all students can learn.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and
external partners. -The Pay: -$45 per hourPhysical
- Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Work takes place in
- As a condition of employment within this program, staff will be
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. -#WEP
Keywords: Catapult Learning, Portland , Special Education Teacher for Summer School - Part Time (12-20 hours per week), Education / Teaching , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!