Summer Rock Climbing Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure Instructor
Company: Avid 4 Adventure
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Summer Rock Climbing Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure
InstructorPortland, OR Pacific Northwest, Portland, Oregon A summer
camp counselor at Avid4 Adventure = you as an Outdoor Adventure
Instructor = best job ever! Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were once again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50
Best Places to Work .
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B
Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values .
- Compensation - we know it's important. So, we base our starting
rates on LIVING WAGE. S tarting rate in Portland, OR is $18.86.
Your hourly rate could be more based on your experience and/or
- Summer Day Camp Rock Climbing Instructors co-lead groups of up
to 13 campers in age-and developmentally- appropriate instructions
in rock climbing, Leave No Trace principles, and teambuilding. Set
up and manage the logistics and safety of top-rope sites.
- Co-lead day trips to multiple climbing sites.
- Have fun daily.
- Make risk management decisions daily.
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all
participants in our programs.
- Minimum of Basic/Community First Aid & CPR prior to the start
- At least 19 years of age by the start of camp.
- High levels of organization, communication, and
- Significant experience with outdoor rock climbing with the
ability to set trad rock climbing anchors and oversee the climb
- Participation in Avid4 Adventure's in-house climb specialist
training is mandatory.
- Experience working with school-aged kids through volunteering,
school, babysitting, camp counselor experience, tutoring,
- Share our passion for inspiring kids to get outside and away
- Job dates : Training starts in late May/early June, depending
on the state in which you will work. Camps run through mid-August.
For specific dates and details on each location & program, please
click here .
- Work week : Monday - Friday, about 40 hours/week.
- Pay : Starts at $18.86 in Portland, OR.
- Our starting rate aligns with the living wage in all areas we
operate! To see our full compensation rubric, including hourly
rates and experience additives visit our compensation page
- Benefits : Access to affordable health insurance, access to
free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, free professional
development, and more!
- Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp.
- Need housing? We can support you with a variety of housing
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and
we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has
been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those
from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to
improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in
the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more
about our commitment and progress. Our summer camp counselors /
instructors are the face of Avid4 Adventure and the most important
part of realizing our mission THANK YOU for believing in our
mission and applying for this important (and fun)
Keywords: Avid 4 Adventure, Portland , Summer Rock Climbing Day Camp Counselor - Outdoor Adventure Instructor, Education / Teaching , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!