RN Clinical Education Coordinator
Company: Willamette Valley Medical Center
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are
appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Willamette
Valley Medical Center is a 60-bed acute-care, full-service
facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and certified as
an accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC Accreditation Services, the
accrediting arm of the American College of Cardiology. We also
provide a host of other services including the Joint Replacement
Institute, a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient Surgical
Services, a Family Birthing Center, Endoscopy, Cardiac
Catheterization Lab, Cardio Pulmonary Services, Therapy Services,
and Oncology services through H.R. Hoover MD Cancer Center.
Where We Are:
McMinnville, Oregon is located amid the rolling vineyards of the
Willamette Valley, midway between Portland and the coast in Yamhill
County. In addition to the natural beauty and historic charm,
McMinnville is a city where you can experience award-winning
restaurants, a world-class aviation museum, unique art galleries,
beautiful public parks, and fun-filled community events. We invite
you to explore our community through these local sites.
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Assistance for qualified
- And much more---
Minimum Qualifications -
- Current Oregon licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Has a baccalaureate degree preferred
- Strong clinical background required; previous experience as a
nurse educator in the acute care setting preferred.
- Additional training and education in adult learning theory and
principles of education.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office; knowledge of
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements: JCAHO, OSHA, HCFA, ORS,
Reports to: Manager of Workforce Development and Education
Essential Job Functions:
- The RN Clinical Education Coordinator is accountable for
education that supports the provision and quality of nursing
services at the facility level.
- This includes strategically planning for education to ensure a
balance of optimal and efficient patient care; staff, patients, and
physician satisfaction; and cooperative partnerships with other
organizational departments and professional groups.
- Develops, coordinates, and evaluates an effective house-wide
employee education program in conjunction with nurse
- Utilizes theories and principles of change theory, research,
and evidence-based practice to enhance the quality of clinical care
across the care continuum.
- With a constant focus on patient-centeredness and staff and
patient safety, the RN Clinical Education Coordinator supports
standards and systems for care delivery for their
- Guides and assists staff, leaders and physicians with policy
and procedure development.
- Constructively manages change and promotes a team-based
- Advances knowledge and skills through continuing education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate sound judgment, patience and maintain a
professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
Keywords: Willamette Valley Medical Center, Portland , RN Clinical Education Coordinator, Education / Teaching , Mcminnville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!