Automation Engineer - SDET
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 24, 2021
***No third parties, No Corp2Corp and No sponsorship at this
Client: Financial/Life InsuranceTitle: Automation Engineer -
SDETType: Perm/Direct HireLocation: Remote
Job Purpose:The Innovation Center is seeking a strong Automation
Engineer and testing professional. This person will be joining our
agile environment and will be a crucial part of an exciting, fast
paced and engaged Scrum Team. S/he will be responsible for
designing, automating, and executing test scripts. The ideal
candidate will be experienced in QA testing, development of
automation specs, peer collaboration with development teams on all
aspects of ensuring product quality, and the execution, results
logging, reporting and communications of QA testing results to
stakeholders across the Innovation Center. In collaboration with
the entire Scrum Team and the Quality Assurance and Engineering
Managers, this person will participate in the continuous
improvement of quality in all respects. (This position is open to
Remote candidates within the US)Job Responsibilities:
- Test Design: Test strategize, test plan and test case creation
in providing test coverage across various products, systems, and
- Test Automation: Design and implement reusable automated test
frameworks to drive test automation goals and to support continuous
integration and regression testing. Utilize and extend existing
test automation test harnesses
- Agile Development: Understand and practice QA functions in an
agile development cycle using Scrum process. Conduct early project
scoping and collaborate with cross-functional teams in identifying
testability goals across platforms
- QA Best Practice: Stay abreast of industry test tools and best
testing practices while making significant contributions to the
development and deployment of various project releases.
- Risk Mitigation: Anticipate and mitigate test and project
issues early through risk analysis and assessment
- Defect Creation/Tracking: Provide accurate and reproducible
qualitative defect reporting. Conduct investigation to identify the
root cause and all potential consequences of the defect.
- Initiate the quality assurance process early in the project
life cycle by concentrating on requirements and emphasizing unit
and API testing.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design
documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback regarding
testability and functional gaps.
- Understand the impacts and system interdependencies. Maintain
an in-depth knowledge of business processes supported in assigned
- Understand business needs and processes for area of
responsibility. Work with team members team and business partners
to develop in-depth knowledge of business functions supported by
assigned systems. Job Requirements:
- College degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in test design, creation and
- 3+ years of experience in test automation
- Experience in Cloud technologies - Azure DevOps preferred
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and tools such as
- 2+ years working experience with an object oriented programming
language. C# is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Gherkin language and BDD
- Experience in using and setting up Continuous Integration is
- Solid knowledge of databases and query development (SQL).
- Demonstrated expertise with functional testing and proficiency
in test automation.
- Hands-on experience with white box, black box, risk-based, and
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Proven working experience with the software development
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business
and technical information, both verbally and in writing and
effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises and
understands how and when to escalate issues.
EEO EmployerApex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or .
Keywords: Apex Systems, Portland , Automation Engineer - SDET, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!