Company: Harder Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Are you an experienced project engineer looking for your next
challenge in the construction industry? Harder Mechanical
Contractors is looking for you! We have immediate openings for
talented project engineers with experience managing construction
projects ranging from $250,000 - $15 million or more. Our work
extends across various market sectors and includes high tech
construction projects in the semiconductor industry, industrial
projects such as paper mills and power plants, and commercial work
in hospitals, data centers, food & beverage, and more.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for planning,
scheduling, and executing a specific scope of the project. You will
coordinate with field labor to ensure the work is completed safely,
on schedule, and up to Harder Mechanical's quality standards. You
will take on more responsibilities within the team and be a
resource for training and mentoring newer engineers.
This role supports all the market sectors in which we work and it
prepares you for the next step into becoming a project manager.
- Review construction drawings and compile project scope and
- Resolve engineering issues and constraints through
communication with design engineers, owner representatives, and
fellow team members
- Monitor field construction and ensure compliance with
construction plans and specifications
- Engage in work sequence planning
- Prepare and monitor work packages, including labor and cost
- Track construction progress and update status weekly
- Organize project records in an effective document control
- Mentor new engineers in their roles, taking responsibility for
their training and development
- Assist the project manager in additional duties as
- Estimate future work
- 4-10 years of construction management experience
- Proficiency in reading mechanical and plumbing drawings
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of people
including suppliers, field crews, designers, and owners
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
on an ongoing basis
- Relentless commitment to teamwork and client satisfaction
- Basic computer competency, including Microsoft Office and
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or
equivalent work experience
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with mechanical systems
- Interest in LEAN construction principles
- Passion for ongoing learning and keeping up with industry
- Ability to travel to other regions to gain exposure to
additional markets and industries
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits -- employee
premiums covered 100% by the company
- Generous retirement package + 401K matching
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Team environment that promotes individual growth
This position is salaried.
No recruiters. No phone calls please.
Harder Mechanical is a large, nationally recognized contractor with
an outstanding reputation for working safely, meeting tough
schedules, delivering a quality project and coming in on budget.
Based in Portland Oregon, we work primarily in the 11-western
states with regional offices in Reno, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond,
CA; and Salt Lake City, UT.
For over eighty years, Harder Mechanical has continuously refined
its processes, creating safe environments from which our skilled
staff can focus on the quality craftsmanship we demand. As the
needs of industry evolve, we apply our expertise to each new
challenge. For each industry we serve, Harder stands as the leading
service provider in the region. We have found strength and
stability in our diversified skill set. By providing quality
service to all of these industries, Harder continues to be strong
and ready regardless of fluctuations in individual industries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a
culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications
from female and minority candidates.
Keywords: Harder Mechanical Contractors, Inc., Portland , Project Engineer, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!