Transmission Line CAD Design
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description:Leidos has an immediate opportunity
for a Transmission Line CAD Designer. Location is slightly
flexible, but it is HIGHLY PREFERRED that the selected candidate be
on the West Coast of the U.S. The successful candidate will work in
a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for
high/low voltage transmission line projects. - He/She must be
Autocad or Microstation proficient and able to utilize materials
from different sources like: client standards, images, emails,
sketches, dxf exports and others. - The candidate must have basic
knowledge of engineering drawing requirements with Transmission
Line Projects in order to assist with the development of project
drawings which includes but is not limited to: Maps, Structure
Lists, Plan and Profiles, Phasing Drawings, Foundation Drawings,
Structure Assemblies and Details, Permitting, and others. - He/She
must be able to track and manage various projects at a time to meet
deadlines and assist in the preparation of submittals. - Must have
great organization skills in order to keep up with file management.
-The individual must maintain a high level of quality and
efficiency requiring personal accountability with self-checks -to
minimize errors, ensuring a quality product that meets company and
client's needs.Primary Responsibilities
- Development of drawing packages for transmission projects (Plan
and Profiles, Framing drawings, Load trees, hardware & detail
drawings, permits, soil borings, route maps and others.
- Assist in preparing documents for client submittals.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time to meet
- Proofs own work to minimize errors and increase quality.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner.
- Must be able to assist others when needed and follow directions
clearly form engineers as well as peers.Basic Qualifications
- Associate Degree or Vocational certificate or degree in
drafting or related technical discipline.
- Five (5) years of drafting experience. Experience using AutoCAD
required; Microstation ability is a plus.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting transmission line
projects required; Substation or P&C experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, meeting deadlines and delivering a
quality work product are required.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Ability to work in detail oriented environment requiring
analytical thinking for work development and self-correction.
- Reliable with an ability to work independently.
- Strong team skills with the ability to be flexiblePreferred
- Microstation proficiency
- Autocad Civil 3D
- PLS CAD Knowledge
- Autocad ARC GISPDSTLINEPay Range:#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Portland , Transmission Line CAD Design, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!