Experienced Automotive Technician
Company: Dick Hannah Volkswagen Hyundai of Portland
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Dick Hannah Dealerships, our Core Values are summed up in
four words: Family, Integrity, Respect and Purpose. We're a solid,
family-run business that's been around since 1949 and we're not
going anywhere. The Hannah family is passionate about how our
business is run and how our customers are treated. Every day. We
truly care for our employees and sincerely appreciate everyone's
Dick Hannah Dealerships. Believe in nice.Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan + Match
- Paid time off and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Family owned and operated
- Long term job security
- Health and wellness
- Discounts on products and services
- Above average industry payTechnician Specific Benefits
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
- Uniforms provided
- Discounts on products and services
- Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all
training expenses paid to further your career
- Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based
- Clean and professional work environment
- Apprenticeship program
- Competitive wagesResponsibilities
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and
accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and perform the repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if
requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or
service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional
work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs
cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs,
schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service
advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the
appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and
- Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as
they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state,
and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA
- Previous technician experience required
- Excellent communication skills (including listening,
- Ability to read, speak and understand English.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work alone, self motivate and manage one's own
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Computer literate (MS Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook,)
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Research skills
- General math skills.
- H.S. Diploma/Equivalent.We are an equal opportunity employer
and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Dick Hannah Volkswagen Hyundai of Portland, Portland , Experienced Automotive Technician, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!