Diesel Mechanic Offering $5,000 Bonus
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Arrow Sanitary, a Waste Connections Company is looking for a
Experienced Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of Garbage Trucks
in Portland, Oregon. Mechanics interested in secure, steady
employment are encouraged to apply. Valid Class A or B CDL
preferred or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of
employment. Must have own tools.
This is Swing Shift 12Pm-8Pm or later, Overtime opportunities. All
of our Mechanics are required to be On-Call one weekend a month
(Rotating).We Offer a highly Competitive Wage along with a $5,000
Stay On Bonus!
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and
repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders,
brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations,
parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives,
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience, that is directly related to
the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred ,
or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
is a huge plus !
What we offer to you:
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,000
- $3,000 Stay On Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off.
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Yearly Boot allowances of up to $300.00
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Portland , Diesel Mechanic Offering $5,000 Bonus, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!