Solution Engineer II, 100% Remote (Pre-sales)
Company: Rackspace Technology
Posted on: June 25, 2022
*100% Remote*This role is not eligible for sponsorship
Solution Engineer Position Summary: Applies an intermediate
knowledge of solutioning principles to sales opportunities with low
to moderate MRR potential. Working knowledge of entire Rackspace
portfolio. Works in close collaboration with sales teams to design
technical solutions for specific opportunities.Key
- Leverages training, education, and previous experience to
gather customer requirements, respectfully challenge customer
assumptions, and translate into a Rackspace supportable
- Primary technical contact on specific opportunities with
- Understands internal Rackspace processes.
- Learns the Sales buying cycle.
- Provides assistance and support for internal processes and
fellow team members.
- Provides a first level of technical response to RFP/RFIs.
- Participates in customer calls and face to face meetings.
- Evaluates customer needs and proposes solution designs for
specific opportunities. Intermediate knowledge of solutioning
concepts with a working knowledge of how to apply them.
- Familiar with the tools of the solutioning trade (Salesforce,
Proposal Tools, Technology Sizing Tools).
- Responsible for associated activities such as capturing notes
and activities in Salesforce and managing deal pipeline.
- Learns how to recognize buying signs, compelling events, and
- Identifies and handles common technical customer
- Builds a relationship with the customer and earns Trusted
- Decisions impact own team and other teams whose work activities
are closely related.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Completes mostly transactional work where learning is applied
to new situations.
- Contributes to solution of straightforward business problems
regarding operations, products, services or customers.
- Analyzes information, asks questions and checks for
understanding using standard procedures and processes.
- Applies acquired skills and experience to complete moderately
complex, but routine tasks.
- Continues to develop expertise.
- May suggest improvements to existing processes and solutions to
improve the efficiency of the team.
- Maintains internal relationships and determines need for
- Bachelor's degree highly desired but Experience may substitute
for the degree requirement.
- High school diploma required.
- Requires 5+ years working experience as an IT systems
administrator including a minimum of 2+ years web hosting
experience OR 2+ years solutions engineering experience.Are you a
Racker?Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire
learning, growing, and innovating.They are mission-inspired,
values-grounded, culture-focused and dedicated to making a positive
impact in everything they do.Rackers are inherently wired to solve
problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams.As experts in what
they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical
Experience--- to our customers.Rackers are valued members of a
winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to come join
the Racker family!Why work at Rackspace Technology?Find your
fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry
to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and
feed millions.Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just
the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive
Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to
enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as
Rackspace's participation in the annual Texas Conference for
Women.Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can
help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace
University -, provides training and development to Rackers - from
Microsoft--- certifications to effective leadership training - our
goal is to help you grow.Make a difference. At the core of every
Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and
we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the
globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any
cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for
Rackers to give our time and talent to others.Live life completely.
We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that
help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced life-style. So
while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take
care of our Rackers.About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud
solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world's
leading technologies - across applications, data and security - to
deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising
customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions
that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing
returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after
year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and
develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace
technology, empower customers and deliver the future.More on
Rackspace TechnologyThough we're all different, Rackers thrive
through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of
a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves
to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique
perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our
customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply
today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal
employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability,
gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information,
marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status,
military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin,
race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally
protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need
that requires accommodation, please let us know.Colorado Equal Pay
Transparency ActThe following information is required by the
Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals
working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay
range of Colorado applicants for this role is 80K-100K. Actual
compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but
not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and
certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here.
Keywords: Rackspace Technology, Portland , Solution Engineer II, 100% Remote (Pre-sales), Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!