Automation Service Engineer
Company: Twist Bioscience
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Wilsonville, OregonProgrammable DNA, the software of Life, is
finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic
DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread
health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our
products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases,
everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon
source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will
alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.The
Engineering group at Twist is a team of diverse backgrounds
(engineers, biologists and chemists) who have a huge and direct
impact on Twist products. Our team designs and develops several new
engineering solutions that are used in development and production
and are critical to synthesis of oligos and DNA.As an Automation
Service Engineer, you will own the support of scalable and robust
solutions for custom oligo and gene products. These solutions will
be an interesting combination of hardware, software and biological
systems. The focus will be on liquid handling, mechanical design
and data analytics.Job Responsibilities
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain laboratory
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and oversee service
calls on instruments.
- Lead vendor management and procurement of new hardware and
- Support method development and deployment on robotic liquid
handlers and large scale cross-platform laboratory automation
solutions in collaboration with engineers and scientists.
- Support Operations by providing hands-on instructions, on-call
assistance and training documentation and maintaining equipment
records in computerized maintenance management system
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics) or
Biological Science field or related technical discipline.
- Experience with NGS Sequencers & Fluorescence readers.
- Experience with robotic liquid handlers a plus (e.g. Hamilton
STAR, Labcyte ECHO)
- Can work in distinct areas, such as automation, electrical,
mechanical or electronics engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in the lab
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment (lab covering,
hairnets, gloves, etc). Compensation
- Competitive Salary depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision,
disability insurance, life insurance, 401k and personal time
Keywords: Twist Bioscience, Portland , Automation Service Engineer, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!