R&D Laboratory Engineer
Company: Mega Fluid Systems
Posted on: November 26, 2022
R&D Laboratory EngineerSummary: The R&D Laboratory
Engineer role is to Perform, record, and report on a variety of
experiments, tests, and evaluations on chemical processes,
sub-systems associated with those processes, and materials used in
those processes. Accurately and completely document the methods,
data, and analyze results. This includes operation of full and
pilot scale equipment as well as bench top and pilot scale wet
chemistry analyses.Duties and Responsibilities: include the
following. Other duties may be assigned
- Perform testing and experiments developed by and in conjunction
with NPI and R&D engineers. Including mechanical set up,
electrical set up, software setup, and tool operations.
- Record data and make observations of test and document same in
addition to any other automatically gathered data.
- Develop and document new laboratory test procedures. Follow
existing lab procedures.
- Following existing procedures for different types of reports
and analysis, document results of test/experiment work.
- Maintain, organize, and store test results and data for rapid
retrieval and reference.
- Direct work for lab assistant to support overall lab goals and
- Monitor and maintain the lab Waste Neutralization System,
ensure it remains within permitted parameters. General and
- Ability to communicate with team clearly and concisely
- Ability to ask questions when faced with unclear processes or
- Ability to multi-task and clarify priorities with lead or
- Strong attention to detail, and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Familiar with experimentation method and lab experiments.
- Familiar with using and following: Design of Experiment Plans,
Lab safety procedures, basic wet chemical analysis, traceability,
chain of custody,
- Perform Lab data management and maintenance of Chemical
Inventory and Metrology Calibration records.
- Completed (or complete during initial orientation) Laboratory
emergency and HAZMAT training
- Perform data analysis including regression, statistical
analysis, other numerical analysis methods on test data.
- 2D CAD skills (ACAD), and/or 3D modeling skills [SolidWorks]
(nice to have, not mandatory)
- Familiar with automated control systems, to the extend needed
to operate lab and test tools.Computer Skills:
- Proficient in MS 365
- Familiar with use of scientific data/ statistical software,
[Mathcad, Minitab, JMP or equivalent]
- Familiar with use of Laboratory Information Management System
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related area.
- 2+ years of formal technical training or experience exhibiting
the knowledge and technical skills outlined in this job
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance/Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- FSA and HSA
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement
Keywords: Mega Fluid Systems, Portland , R&D Laboratory Engineer, Engineering , Tualatin, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!