Field Service Engineer
Company: Mega Fluid Systems
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Field Service EngineerDuties, Skills, and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Plumbing:
- Work with PFA tubing and associated hardware components.
Experience flaring, bending, and PFA plumbing assembly. Flaring
includes Flaretek2, PrimeLock, Fit-Line, and Pillar.
- Able to read and understand a plumbing P&ID drawing
- Able to use an ACAD or 3D e-drawing to replicate an
architectural layout plumbing drawing and replicate onto a blank or
semi populated cabinet.
- Pneumatics, understanding for the process of producing an
electrical or ethernet signal from a PLC to an electrical solenoid
valve, converting to an air signal that will proceed to an
Automated Valve, pump, or other pneumatic driven component. Able to
troubleshoot A to Z.Electrical:
- Able to do basic wiring, routing wires for panel assembly,
terminate wires, crimping ferrules, use of several types of
crimpers such as AMP, Molex, Z+F. able to complete termination with
head shrink, labeling.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical circuits. 24VDC, 120VAC,
208VAC. Proper use of a DMM to check / verify voltages, amperage,
resistance in a circuit. Ability to use an analog generator / meter
to troubleshoot 0-20mA or 4-20mA circuits.
- Able to read and understand an electrical drawing. Use this to
effectively troubleshoot an electrical problem, failed component,
mis-wire, etc.Industrial Controls:
- Some experience (we will train) with industrial PCs, HMIs, and
the graphic interfaces that go along with most IPC / HMI designs.
Ability to interact with the screens, understand configurations
including timers, alarm/warning options, reading and changing
- Ability to interface with OEM components, examples are Future
Star or Levitronix flow meters, Adsen or SMC pressure transducers,
capacitive Sensors, E&H pH and Conductivity probes and
controllers, Specific Gravity or Densitometer sensor. OEM or
in-house manuals available to assist in use and
troubleshooting.General and Communication Skills:
- Use above skills to test out an electrical, mechanical,
pneumatic chemical or slurry blend and/or delivery system via a
Functional Test Matrix (FTM). Tests include verifying EMO(s),
Interlocks, Alarms, sensors, analog signal devices, and complete
functional tests that prove out the functionality of our Mega Fluid
- An expert at customer interface, FSE I / II has the ability and
experience to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative to
others; the ability to train and instill the need for
- Excel in time management, organizational, and problem-solving
skills, and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is required.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and bend, and occasionally lift 25
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time.Computer
- Microsoft 365Education/Experience:
- Associates Degree or higher in a related technical
- OSHA10 Certification.
- 5+ years of formal technical training or experience exhibiting
the knowledge and technical skills outlined in this job
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance/Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- FSA and HSA
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement PI200800669
Keywords: Mega Fluid Systems, Portland , Field Service Engineer, Engineering , Tualatin, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!