Project Engineer (Remote)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job SummaryThe Project Engineer will be responsible for
implementing Avantor's project engineering vision and executing it
within the company's operations facilities. Under general
supervision, they will be responsible for the engineering and
technical disciplines needed to complete a project to include:
Planning projects, establishing project criteria, coordinating
project reviews, and ensuring the proper implementation of project
elements.**Location: Remote/Virtual**Able to travel up to 50%
within US (as needed).Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate project parameters and assigning responsibilities to
the most capable employees and supervising the project team.
- Build frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data
- Leading multi-functional teams in the development of Avantor
facilities to meet safety, environmental, quality business,
customer, regulatory and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with key partners to resolve and document detailed
- Develop facility and equipment layouts to best accommodate
- Prepare project estimates, support case development, work with
internal and external engineers and firms to drive design details,
costs and schedule.
- Lead engineering firm contracts for specific expertise and
- Coordinate project construction, commissioning and
- BS/MS degree in Chemical Engineering required
- 5+ years of experience in a construction engineering, process
technology engineering, process engineering, manufacturing, or
- Strong skills in project management, problem solving and value
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, MS Project, CAD, Navis or Solid
Works preferredKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project Management, discernment & Analytical Skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle several projects
in parallel, as well as to coordinate numerous interfaces within
and outside of his team
- Process Technology/Facility design, layout and drawings
- Process engineering and utility systems experience
- Capital expenditures, operational expenses and cost
- Resources and schedule management and control
- Building and regulatory permitting processes experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills.
- Confident in producing and presenting work; Experience with
- Ability to collaborate and engage with multiple business
partnersEnvironmental Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting
and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise
- Work assignments are diversified.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary
but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Portland , Project Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!