Stormwater Design Engineer Lead
Company: Contech Engineered Solutions
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Location: Portland, OR
The Stormwater Team Lead manages an engineering and CAD team for a specific territory. The Team Lead is responsible for meeting regional goals for solution development, client and customer service, and sales through their team along with the associated training and competency development, close regional interaction and coordination with other departments, and business process management and QAQC. The Stormwater Team Lead is a leadership role responsible for their overall territory, with the overall focus being effective stormwater site solution development.
- Serves as direct supervisor to regional team of design engineers, engineer techs, and CAD techs.
- Leads skill and competency development of each direct report
- Coordinates with both sales and engineering teams to fulfill customer requests for technical drawings and order fulfillment
- Works with Manager in establishing metrics rolling up to departmental and corporate initiatives while communicating and measuring metrics with team
- Facilitate task assignment, allocation, and ongoing workload leveling amongst direct reports
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work output of direct reports, including associated business processes
- May facilitate regular communication and possible travel with regional sales, field marketing, and operations groups
- Leads all aspects of customer service for CONTECH in assigned region to insure the customer receives optimum account service, creative problem resolution and efficient order processing completion.
- Provides customer support and close contact from quote through production stage.
- Supports specific accounts that do not require outside sales involvement and responds independent of the outside sales representative to customer inquiries.
- Maintain project records, documentation and data in Merlin (CRM) database.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all products, processes and policies to support and exceed customer requirements and expectations.
- Conduct peer review, job performance review, and career development activity with each direct report
- Ensure the understanding and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Professional Engineer Licensure or the ability to receive licensure in under 1 year
- 5+ year's relevant experience in similar industry (construction, industrial, capital goods or other products with a complex sales process) desirable.
- Strong team lead skills required with proven ability to develop individuals and manage teams personally and in virtual office settings.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required along with organizational and interactive skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management tools or databases
- Effective and proven leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills. Technical aptitude to understand the industry, products and customers.
- Demonstrated analytical competencies in basic math skills. Technical aptitude with respect to civil site plans and specifications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems involving several variables while operating in a dynamic, fluid, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize situations requiring urgent attention is critical. Time management and organization skills
- Requires ability to read and comprehend documents including customer orders, price lists, training and procedural manuals
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Adaptable to change. Embraces change as an opportunity to improve.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, data base management software)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Local Candidates Only Please. No Relocation Assistance is Available.
Contech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgender status, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Click here to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement.
Contech is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact the Contech Recruiting team at (513) 645-7000.Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Drafting, Design Engineer, Engineering
Keywords: Contech Engineered Solutions, Portland, Stormwater Design Engineer Lead, Engineering, Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!