Company: EVRAZ North America
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Mechanical EngineerCity: Portland / State: Oregon
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It's how the best ideas come to light-and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.Job Description and ResponsibilitiesIt is the responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer to perform engineering functions, project management, design, and technical support as defined by all departments in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner and provide all departments with equipment and designs that meet company standards.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting services to Maintenance and Operations Departments
- Follow and improve policies and procedures for documenting engineering work
- Provide comprehensive documentation for all projects
- Recommend and manage capital projects
- Remain current with EVRAZ product manufacturing processes and applied technologies
- Write proposals including business rules, process description, business controls, opportunities, costs, and benefits
- Write requirement specifications, high level design, and architecture specifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with equipment, buildings, and machinery
- Mechanical and project experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to write technical documents and specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal with opposing opinions and effect compromise
- Creative problem solver with high degree of analytical skills
- Well-organized self-starter, capable of budgeting time to meet priorities, while maintaining accuracy and functionality
- Knowledge of Machinery, Fabrication, Welding, Hydraulics, and machining and able to specify electrical components, instrumentation & control system requirements
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques on manufacturing equipment/processes
- Able to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic schematics and drawings
- Computer literate with experience MS applications and project management software
- Able to support 24-hour rolling mill operation through variable shifts and/or on-call
- Ability to work in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- Electrical knowledge is also preferred
- AutoCAD, Inventor, and ANSYS experience desired.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture steel. We also manufacture excellence, drive success and build careers for our employees. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common set of values and the same goal of creating the best possible solution for our customers.
In addition to a competitive wage and generous benefits package, our employees share in the Company's success through incentives like profit sharing. We provide opportunities for advancement and promote often from within-which means that a job at EVRAZ can take your career farther than you ever imagined.
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
Keywords: EVRAZ North America, Portland , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!