NPI Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: TE Connectivity
Posted on: December 9, 2018
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
The NPI Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for all supplier quality support to the NPI function at the Wilsonville, OR plant. In this role, you will work closely with a global team and a Supplier Quality Manager. You will focus on ensuring that TE Medical's supplier program is compliant, thorough, and efficient. The employee in this role has a long runway at TE; you could grow within the technical track, become a manager, have a global reach, transfer to other functions, or other opportunities.
What you will be doing...
- Support Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering as required in new product introduction.
- Create Control Plans and Quality Inspection Plans for components.
- Establish process improvement plans to evaluate vendor performance.
- Advise on and lead vendor process capability studies and test method validations.
- Align validation and inspection requirements and methodologies between the Company and our suppliers.
- Facilitate supplier first article inspections on new builds or changes to product throughout the design lifecycle.
- When necessary, act as project leader (or assist in) for vendor location transfer projects so that all requirements and specifications are clearly communicated to the supplier.
- Support customer production part approval process (PPAP) by acting as liaison between customer and vendor to cascade requirements and ensure they are met.
- As necessary, conduct audits at suppliers' sites, covering quality system registration conformity and production line capability so that a proper and full recommendation/approval can be made on their ability to produce and deliver Quality product
What your background should look like...
- 8 or more years of experience in Quality Engineering; with 3 or more years of Supplier Quality Engineering experience desired.
- Requires 4-year degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
- ISO 13485 experience or related area (Pharma, Aerospace, etc.) is required
What TE Connectivity Offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k) and more
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Associated topics: architecture, board, cad, chip, design, engineer, engineer iv, ic, layout, pc
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Portland , NPI Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Wilsonville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!