Product Manager Senior
Company: Cambia Health Solutions
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Product Manager Senior
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for creating the business
and product plan, and articulating the product strategy, vision,
design, development and ongoing oversight of products that support
the launch and growth of businesses within the Cambia family of
companies. These roles are responsible for all phases of new
product development and management activities including defining
business requirements, leading product development, implementing
and sustaining the strategic product roadmap, pricing and budget
models, competitive positioning and product design for both
existing and next-generation product offerings.
These roles are inherently cross-functional and require close work
and collaboration with counterparts in product development, data
science and data engineering, user experience, operations, program,
and strategy to ensure all teams are delivering high-quality
products that solve real market needs.
This specific role is responsible for understanding the current and
future trends in medical plan design and related innovations that
are ancillary but important to employer and broker customers. The
candidate should have insights into market changes, network hybrid
products, competitor strategies and associated differentiators. The
unique set of skills require some financial and underwriting
knowledge, a capacity for innovation, ability to scan and digest
market movement, leadership presence, and excellent communication
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of
transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and
bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care
journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally
important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust,
Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not
just words on paper - we live them every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
General Functions & Outcomes:
* Adept at working and creating health plan designs, plan
differentiators and estimating impact of the design differentials
to plan cost/spend. Identify innovative plan designs ensuring a
balance between risk and conservative plans.
* Manage the product roadmap and prioritization process, including
defining the deliverables into discrete commitments (sprint
planning). Contribute to the long term product vision.
* Stay current on emerging risks, issues, major industry trends or
events, and changing state and federal laws and regulations in
order to make sound underwriting decisions that are vital to
meeting client needs and maintaining overall profitability.
* Understands the target market and primary user needs for a
product. Directs the product management activities for products to
meet business, market segmentation and financial goals.
* Synthesizes business requirements from multiple sources including
or may include customer segments, healthcare product experts,
brokers, and sales teams into requirement documents and agile
project plans. Define business requirements from multiple sources,
focusing on largest measures of success.
* May conduct market research by working with internal teams and
visits to customers and other relevant companies
* Provides direct support to Sales, participate in product training
for sales, as well as ongoing go to market efforts.
* Assist in development, preparations and presentation of data and
analytics that will support marketing and sales, as well as
department scorecards and general product success measurement.
* Continually help to assess and recommend enhancements to
streamline processes and provide a superior Employer and Member
* Manage a products life-cycle from planning to tactical activities
to cross company go to market planning and product sunsetting.
* Collaborates with team to develop and deploy strategies for
improving customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
* Ensures that all issues are identified, reported, tracked and
resolved in a timely manner.
* Creates an annual product plan, by quarter, for each product and
the overall product platform experience, including integration of
market research, competitive analysis, product positioning, and
* Direct and hands-on involvement with driving current and
next-generation product solutions is expected.
* Infuses original and differentiating insights into the product
strategy resulting in new products that lead the market.
* Initiates and drives product launches and improvements to meet
changing market needs and to achieve strong ROI in appropriate
markets and channels. Includes driving market positioning, benefit
design, pricing parameters, risk profiles, and
* Leads an effective Product Strategy and Product Management team
structures to achieve desired market objectives, including
implementing and driving successful product plans.
* Perform and/or manage ongoing, in-depth analyses of all key
attributes of existing market products; prepare detailed product
reporting to evaluate actual product performance against standards
developed for key performance indicators. Take strong and immediate
actions backed by analytics on non-performing products.
* Initiate primary and secondary research studies to determine
market needs, competitor strength and positioning, customer
satisfaction, or industry and regulatory developments.
* Mentors others in the areas of domain, process, strategy, and
communication within the organization.
* Influences others across the company and aligns strategy across
* Is viewed as an expert on most areas of the site and has a deep
understanding of the processes behind flows.
* Fully understands and aligns business needs with user and
technical needs on all projects.
* Represents the team externally to the press, local events,
* Guides design and development teams to better solutions for
problems across all product lines.
* Drives organizational change in global processes and
* Proven record of creating successful products based on a balance
of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
* Concrete experience managing complex products (preferably in
healthcare) through a product development lifecycle
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated
ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships
with individuals and groups at all levels.
* Demonstrated project management skills including effective
planning, organizing, and administration of multi-functional work
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize features and enhancements, and
are data driven and a student of test driven design.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and
in writing, including formal presentations and the facilitation of
group planning sessions.
* Demonstrated ability to synthesize findings, prepare reports,
create executive level documents and recommend solutions.
* Demonstrated track record in developing and managing highly
successful products for healthcare preferred.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You
aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're
looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about
transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a
competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug
and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Keywords: Cambia Health Solutions, Portland , Product Manager Senior, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!