Software Engineering Manager
Company: CorVel Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description: CorVel is building an additional flagship
development team that will be responsible for tackling complex
projects. The team will be required to work with a range of
technologies including but not limited to C#, .NET Core, MS SQL,
Azure DB, Angular and MVC. We are searching for a methodical
analytically minded manager with a strong grasp on software
engineering principles. A natural leader that possesses the ability
to dive deep into the details of a project and come out of the
other side with an elegant solution. The manager of this team will
need strong organizational and technical skills in order to fully
understand, plan and execute multiple successful projects with
numerous stake holders at a time. This individual must have a
history of result driven development management in addition to
experience as a Software Engineer. If you are a self-driver who
doesn't mind rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is
necessary to meet a tough deadline while not sacrificing quality we
are eager to hear from you. About CorVel CorVel is a national
provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the
workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management
industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and publically traded on the
NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human
capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative,
and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and
growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of
career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across
the United States embrace our core values of Accountability,
Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!). A
comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time employees
and includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time off.
Major responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of software engineers responsible for delivering
elegant software solutions
- Acquire extensive business and system knowledge.
- Apply system knowledge to diagnose and fix complex
- Perform requirements analysis, design reviews, and
- Provide reliable estimates of effort and good identification of
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative
development, unit testing, source code control, inspections and
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong .NET/C# skills
- Strong relational database skills including proficiency in SQL,
stored procedures and database architecture (MSSQL 2008 or
- Microsoft SQL skills.
- Exposure to Azure DevOps.
- Object oriented programming principals.
- Must be self-directed, analytical, adept to problem solving,
and have a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality products under tight
and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a
combination of education and related experience.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience with in .NET, C#.
- 3+ years of experience with MS SQL Server 2008 or higher.
- Experience with Cloud Development is a plus.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
Keywords: CorVel Corporation, Portland , Software Engineering Manager, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!