6280 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO
Company: Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
This position holds an office out of the Lloyd Administrative
offices in NE Portland, near the Lloyd center. The the position
will be given the opportunity to work remotely as able to, until
state restrictions are lifted. The schedule is standard day time
hours, typically Monday through Friday. The Chief Technology
Officer (CTO) will provide vision, leadership, and planning in the
development and implementation of Cascadia wide information
technology and electronic health records (EHR) to support
Cascadia's operations, effectiveness and development. This position
is a key contributor and works closely with the Board, CEO and
Executive Leadership to determine organizational strategy. As a
member of Cascadia's Executive Team the CTO promotes integrated
care, our vision of trauma-informed and person-first approaches and
helps create a work environment of inclusion, safety, and
acceptance. The CTO reports to the CEO and serves as a member of
the Executive Team which is responsible for establishing the
overall direction of the organization This position collaborates
with leadership throughout the organization to assure departmental
goals and objectives support the objectives and mission of
Cascadia. Cascadia is committed to building and maintaining a
workforce and leadership that is representative of our--community
and those we serve.--Cascadia has an Equity, Diversity and
Inclusion (EDI) hiring committee whose members participate in the
selection and hiring process. We want to--provide opportunity for
all who feel that they have what it takes to do this job apply. All
incumbents must understand, appreciate and respect the diversity
and cultural differences within our Cascadia community. It is
expected that there is an awareness and sensitivity to the
perspectives and perceptions to those we serve, as well as our
colleagues . As Cascadia is Trauma informed, the incumbent must
support a Trauma Informed Care Environment. With the high
prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving behavioral health
services, it is required that the incumbent understand the effects
of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of
those we serve. Employees become benefit eligible on the first of
the month following 60 days. Employees of Cascadia will enjoy an
affordable low cost Medical, Dental, and vision benefits. Click
here to learn about the benefits we offer and more This position
description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of
responsibilities or an all inclusive job description.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development,
evaluation, and coordination of the IT and EHR systems.
- Create overall technology standards and practices for Cascadia
and ensure adherence.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to
meet current and future needs. Recognize and respond to changing
requirements for IT resources and ensure the technological
resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Leverage technology to enhance products and services that focus
on internal and external customers.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Develop and oversee the connection between external technology
systems (e.g. government, vendors and other health care
organizations) and Cascadia's IT and EHR resources; including
systems for electronic data exchange.
- Work with software and hardware vendor(s) to define
enhancements and systems fixes for software and hardware
- Ensure that data systems are capable of delivery of all client
and employee data and statistics as required by Federal, State and
- Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend
appropriate action and resources.
- Oversee Cascadia's information systems, networks, communication
technology, and computer operations, including local area networks
and wide-area networks. Standards and Practices
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure the protection of
Cascadia's IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of
information entrusted to or maintained by the organization,
including security policies and monitoring practices that protect
the company's infrastructure and data.
- Ensure all information systems and networks operate according
to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards,
regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA.
- Collaborate with other department and programs to streamline
work ensuring that all hardware and software necessary to run the
agency is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Propose and oversee hardware/software solutions to accomplish
Cascadia's business objectives
- Oversee and evaluate system security and back up
- Oversee all system design and changes in system
- Gather and analyze changing requirements of users and develop
effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements;
- Determine staffing requirements, recruit, hire, and train staff
in a manner that encourages and maintains diversity and cultural
- Establish work plans and priorities for staff members, assess
the progress of staff members.
- Provide consistent supervision and support for direct
- Promote and completes annual employee training requirements on
a timely basis.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional
- Establish and manage budgets for assigned programs and monitor
monthly expenses. Strategic Leadership
- Provide strategic leadership throughout Cascadia and contribute
to strategic initiatives.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and
- Partner and collaborate with team members to work toward shared
- Create, model and maintain a work culture that supports and
values inclusion, equity and diversity.
- Assist and collaborate in establishing goals and objectives for
the organization, developing operating and personnel policies and
assisting in setting the organizational direction--
- Attend and participate in all meetings as assigned, including
but not limited to staff and team meetings, consultations with
staff, individual and group supervision
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and
external customers to promote quality and efficiency in Cascadia
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business
Administration or a related field is required.
- A Master's degree in Health Administration, Public Health, or
Business Administration, or related field is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a healthcare setting with
increasing responsibilities of management and support of healthcare
information systems and information technology.
- Direct management of a major IT and databases is
- Experience in project management is preferred.
- Understand technical functions such as security, compliance,
disaster recovery, internal and external infrastructure
- Problem analysis and problem resolution competencies at both
strategic and tactical levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of systems design and development
process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies,
software design, programming, pilot testing, installation,
evaluation and operational management.
- Extensive knowledge of database applications
- Extensive knowledge of software development
- Extensive knowledge of network administration
- Extensive knowledge of telephone, hardware and Windows-based
- Comprehensive understanding of setting up network and data
security as it relates to HIPAA
- Thorough knowledge of local and wide area network design,
implementation, and operation
- Familiarity with desktop, notebook, handheld, and server
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, Unix,
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community
locations as needed. Working Conditions
- Environmental: Work is generally performed --in an ordinary
office environment at Cascadia's Administrative building. Work
hours are typically Monday through Friday; however, this position
may work occasional weekends and/or evenings as necessary. The CTO
may be required to travel between sites and in the community to
attend meetings, events, and consultations.
- Mental Demands:--The CTO must be able to handle a variable
workflow, manage time effectively, and prioritize activities. The
work involves some degree of unpredictability and disruption of
planned tasks on a regular basis, requiring a flexible time
management approach. The work assigned is diverse and involves
facing new and unusual circumstances where outcomes could have
substantially negative effects on costs, employee/stakeholder
morale or clients
- Physical Demands:--A typical work day consists of sitting at a
desk and utilizing computers and other office equipment. The
position requires travel in order to attend meetings and
conferences that are not located at Cascadia. Cascadia is an Equal
Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need
assistance, or an accommodation due to a--disability, you may
contact us at (503) 963-7654 or
Keywords: Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Inc, Portland , 6280 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!