Community Engagement Program Manager
Company: CareOregon Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Career Opportunities: Community Engagement Program Manager
(16392) Requisition ID--16392-----Posted--02/10/2021-----Health
Share of Oregon-----Full-Time - Permanent-----Portland Position
Title: Community Engagement Program Manager Department: Equity and
Engagement Title of Manager: Chief Equity & Engagement Officer
Supervises: Non-supervisory position Exemption Status: Exempt
Requisition: 16392 General Statement of Duties The Community
Engagement Program Manager is responsible for creating,
implementing, and managing activities to increase and incorporate
community and member engagement in health care transformation.
Expectations of this position include development and production
support of Health Share's Community Health Needs Assessment and
Community Health Improvement Plan, engagement with and oversight of
the Community Advisory Council, management of community engagement
activities including community events and sponsorships and member
relations work. This position strengthens and maintains positive
relationships between Health Share and external community partners
which require strong facilitation skills, logistical planning and
follow through, and strong communication skills. Essential Position
Functions Community Advisory Council
- Support the Community Advisory Council, including:
- Member recruitment and orientation
- Meeting management including agenda planning and
- Support and leadership development to Council members
- Project management activities including charter, work plan and
- Annual strategic planning for Council activities
- Problems anticipation and resolution
- Partner with the Council to:
- Ensure health equity is prioritized in health transformation
- Develop a community engagement strategy for the Council
- Develop and implement a Community Health Needs Assessment,
resulting Community Health Improvement Plan and annual progress
- Develop reports and updates for Council.
- Partner with executive staff to resolve complex issues and
identify strategic adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and organizational
- Fulfill logistic requirements for community meetings, events
and engagements including but not limited to: Schedule meetings,
secure meeting locations, prepare materials and provide on-site
- Work with the Member Services team to:
- Plan member engagement activities, including member orientation
sessions and open houses
- Design member relations marketing and communications
- Develop presentations and member communications
- Partner with Health Share's Public Policy and Communications
- Promote member and Council participation in the development of
Health Share communications and legislative agenda
- Promote and market engagement activities via the Health Share
website and other social media platforms
- Serve as a community resource and ensure the highest level of
customer service to Health Share members, community-based
organizations, committees and the public.
- Lead initiatives that increase member voice.
- Serve as a liaison and CCO representative to local
organizations and community initiatives serving Medicaid members .
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Propose and implement process improvements.
- Meet deadlines for completion of workload.
- Maintain agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental
- Perform other duties as needed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skills in planning, project management, community engagement
and development, resource mobilization and systems-thinking
- High degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability
to effectively support and collaborate with others to achieve
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and consensus building
- Understand fundamentals of effective community engagement
specifically working with historically oppressed populations,
including those with behavioral health needs and varied health
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and coordinate multiple
- Stong interest in addressing social injustice through building
organizational capacity for citizen partnership and engagement
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Intermediate computer skills and MS Office Suite and
- Ability to work both independently and within a team with
limited supervision, and knowledge of when to ask for assistance or
- Public service focus and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in settings that are appropriate for reaching
and serving our stakeholders (evening and weekend work required)
Ability to focus on and comprehend information, learn new skills
and abilities, assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate
resolution, accept managerial direction and feedback, and tolerate
and manage stress. --' Other Community settings (member facing)
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: CareOregon Inc, Portland , Community Engagement Program Manager, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!