Company: Paradigm Windows
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Production Manager directs and manages all plant operations
with overall responsibility for production, safety, quality,
maintenance, and other production-related activities to achieve
effective and efficient use of facilities and human capital as well
as maintaining the overall plant budget. The Production Manager is
also an integral part of strategic and tactical planning.
- Establishes operations standards for cost control, waste
reduction, quality, safety and accurate, complete, on time
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing
techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery,
safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls
and plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership to attain company and manufacturing goals
and objectives. Also provides leadership for problem resolution to
facilitate fast improvements and improved working
- Demonstrates the energy, commitment and enthusiasm needed to
energize and motivate the workforce.
- Develops employees through training and involvement programs to
create a team environment that has decision-making authority
throughout the organization.
- Identifies development opportunities and provides subordinates
opportunities to meet their career development plans.
- Responsible for production related communication flow and
coordination between all resources committed to each product,
including all vendors.
- Maintains a strong customer focus and must be
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations, is responsible
for plant level financial management, purchasing, inventory,
capital expenditures, etc. also manages and analyzes monthly
P&L for performance to budget.
- Monitors all production reports to ensure achievement of
financial, safety, quality, and on-time delivery of the
- Communicates with the Quality Department, Director of
Operations and sales force to ensure a quality product. Ensures
vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to
- Implements production of all products, assists in developing
plant layout in planning rearrangements of facilities, equipment
and operations for better utilization of space.
- Coordinates and monitors, plans for reductions in cost and
product lead times for existing and new products to be developed.
Works closely with research and development, quality assurance and
maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and
- Achieves outstanding production efficiency by strictly
controlling waste, quality, safety and OSHA regulations, and
carefully managing labor costs and communicating effectively with
the workforce and all internal and external customers.
- Determines operations headcount needs and ensures compliance
with Company policies and stays informed concerning new
manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture
and reduce costs through efficiencies.
- Demonstrates machine operations and maintenance
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of the operation
for continuous improvement. Determines and eliminates root causes
and diminishes occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital,
operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance. Established in 1981,
Portland-based Paradigm Window Solutions specializes in a wide
range of premium-quality and Energy Star-rated vinyl windows and
patio doors for new construction, replacement and institutional
markets in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Their
premium-quality products are designed and fabricated in Maine and
exceed requirements of the American Architectural Manufacturing
Association (AAMA) Gold Label Certification for integrity and
quality. In 2014, Paradigm Window Solutions consolidated all
operations into a larger 109,000-sq. ft. facility at 56 Milliken
Street, off Riverside Industrial Parkway. That same year, Paradigm
launched the 500 Series New Construction and 5000 Series
Replacement Window lines, thereby introducing a value-priced window
product option. The following year, three new paint process
interior wood grain finishes were added to the 8300 series, which
gave Paradigm the ability to compete with the wood window market to
reach consumers who wanted the natural wood look without the
maintenance of real wood. In 2018, Paradigm expanded its production
schedule by adding a second shift, which created 14 new full-time
jobs, and the company is actively hiring. Currently, the company
employees 230 people and offers supplemental health/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance,
401(k) retirement plan, eight holidays, paid time off, tuition
reimbursement, and quarterly bonus.
Keywords: Paradigm Windows, Portland , Production Manager, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!