Vice President of Product Management
Company: Opal Labs, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Product Portland, Oregon, United States Full time The VP of
Product Management leads the process of turning business objectives
into results through product initiatives. They drive this success
through collaborative work internally and externally, gaining a
deep understanding of Opal's product and business, and leveraging
their experience to operationalize for highly-effective impact. The
ideal candidate has demonstrated success in supporting and
executing software-as-a-service (SaaS) product strategies and
go-to-market motions measured by clear success metrics and KPIs. In
this vital role, you will coach, guide and facilitate an energetic
and inclusive culture that delivers amazing product experiences to
support Opal achieving the opportunity in front of it. This role
drives the entire product lifecycle, from discovery to post-release
iteration and engagement, all while keeping a pulse on our
customers, our market, and industry innovation and advancements.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through
COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon
when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so. About Opal: Opal is
the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do
exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create
unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve
operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is
used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted,
General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow. Responsibilities:
- Become the expert on our customers and the market to best
achieve and maintain product fit to drive high usage and business
- Work closely with Executives to build and drive a compelling
vision for the Opal platform, developing a well-prioritized plan
for new product innovation and existing platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams on strategic
opportunities, roadmap and key launch messaging to core internal
and external audiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including
Designers, Engineers, Engineering Managers, to build, maintain, and
execute the Product Roadmap.
- Drive the definition of Opal's category, market, and ecosystem
positioning by considering current and future adjacent,
complementary, and competitive products and platforms.
- Align Product Management team on departmental and business
goals, priorities, and strategy.
- Determine Product Management strategic opportunities and
initiatives to enable delivery on business goals aligned with the
PM function; raising issues to key stakeholders when
- Transform business goals into executable departmental
deliverables and engineering projects; driving operational
improvements, streamlining processes and prioritizing projects
directly affecting Opal Platform user experience.
- Attract, develop, and retain top Product Management talent and
provide day-to-day people management, including but not limited to:
- One-on-one coaching and mentorship
- Career development of the team and individual contributors
- Conduct performance reviews and check-ins with guidance from
- Delegation of tasks and responsibilities
- Play an active role in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and
onboarding new hires
- Serve as a Company thought leader around Product Management
best practices to best serve the needs of our customers, partners
and to optimize the user experience.
- Stay vigilant on Product Management trends, developments,
techniques and technologies, and industry to inform Opal's
practices around teams, process, and toolsets.
- Lead the identification, documentation, and prioritization of
customer feedback, insights, needs, and desires through
product-focused customer meetings, specifying the research needed
to obtain market information.
- Recommend the nature and scope of current and future product
lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements.
Requirements Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- 10+ years of related experience in Product Management, combined
with an equivalent undergraduate degree; or an advanced degree
without experience, or equivalent years of directly related work
- 5+ years of experience building and leading highly functional
product teams and scaling enterprise products.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills at all levels, especially with
senior management of Sales, Design and Engineering.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with regards
to customers with the ability to convey technical concepts and
product features in a relatable way.
- Strong commercial skills and ability to participate in sales
negotiations and business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures.
- Natural alignment with Opal's Values: Professional,
Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and
Empathetic. Preferred Experience:
- Experience in marketing or a role that operated closely with
the marketing team, preferably in B2B software or SaaS
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent experience Opal is
pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for
employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental,
and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50%
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care,
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an
inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace
promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage
applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity
or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
age, or veteran status. Opal does not discriminate on the basis of
race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law
in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Opal Labs, Inc., Portland , Vice President of Product Management, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!