Product Manager - HVAC Equipment - Portland
Company: Geary Pacific Supply
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Level Experienced Job Location 16 - Portland - Portland, OR
Position Type Full Time 4 Year Degree Travel Percentage Up to 25%
Job Shift Day Job Category Management Description The Product
Manager (PM) is responsible for all things related to the sales,
marketing, stocking, handling, and training for the product(s) you
represent for the company. Your job in a nutshell is to make sure
that all of the branches are consistently meeting all of the goals
and objectives set for your product group. Your performance will be
objectively measured on the combined performance of the branches
and subjectively measured on how you conduct yourself and how you
work with your associates. The company considers the Product
Manager to be the Expert on all things associated with the products
you represent. You're like the Factory Representative but you have
just one distributor to support. The Product Manager position
carries with it a huge amount of responsibility. You have a
responsibility to the Shareholders of Geary Pacific to protect the
company's assets and generate the planned return on their
investment. Without them we wouldn't have the money necessary to
stay in business. You have a responsibility to the company's
customers to ensure their service expectations are consistently met
and exceeded. You have a responsibility to the company's suppliers
to consistently outperform their expectations of performance.
Finally, you have a responsibility to all of the company's
associates to provide the leadership and coaching necessary to
ensure that all associates have the opportunity to succeed in their
career here at Geary Pacific. Product Managers report directly to
the C.E.O. Product Managers must work in concert with and
- Credit Management
- Inventory Management
- Training & Technical Service
- Region Managers
- Branch Managers
- CSR's Responsibilities: Provide leadership for all branch
activities involving your assigned Product Group.
- Customer Service Training
- Inventory Performance
- Warranty Handling
- Critical Service Events
- Product Quality Issues All branch visits are to be scheduled
with the Region Manager and posted on the Region Calendar on the
Team Site. This is a Global position with responsibility for all
branch locations considerable travel will be required along with
overnight lodging at the various branch locations on a regular and
ongoing basis. Decisions must be made with a "company" focus in
order to avoid potential conflicts of interest in the performance
of outstanding customer service and realization of maximum
profitability for the company. Said another way - what seems right
for a branch may not be right for the company overall but what is
right for the company overall will always ultimately be right for
the branch. Qualifications
- Develop a sales plan and goal for your Product Group with each
of region managers and branch managers annually. This is to assist
senior management in budgeting and goal setting for the
- Schedule and participate in open houses, counter days, sales
blitzes, and ride along with TSM's.
- Conduct product training as necessary at all locations.
- Assist in closing/capturing sales with new key accounts.
- Participate in and contribute to all scheduled branch manager
meetings and conferences.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with key customer
accounts for all branches and poll their satisfaction level on a
- Monitor inventory levels and turns, rotation of stock in the
warehouse and on the shelves, ensure the sale of obsolete, damaged,
or aged inventory.
- Review / decide on all requests for new products within your
Product Group. Do not allow the branches to stray from our core
focus which is HVAC.
- Interact directly with CSR's, TSM's, and warehouse & delivery
personnel to be sure that everyone understands how to properly
handle all aspects of your products. Training
- Provide training opportunities for branch CSR's and TSM's on
your products through regularly held sales training sessions.
- Work with Branch Managers to require that all personnel
complete a minimum number of Blue Hawk and HARDI on]line training
- Develop product training curriculum not offered by HARDI or
Blue Hawk for use in training all personnel on your Product Group.
Customer Service: Ensure the following for your products:
- All CSR's, are able to provide basic product applications,
process orders, credits, returns, and bids in Mincron independently
- All CSR's can produce quotations for basic products that are
clear and concise, and are consistent with company's published
terms and conditions.
- All Branch Managers have communicated branch Product Group
sales objectives to all associates, and are sharing with them this
information on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with Branch Managers to maintain a three month marketing
calendar for your Product Group with scheduled promotions.
- Keep Region Managers, Branch Managers, RSC's, and TSM's are
informed on all price changes.
- Make sure all Branch Managers are reviewing and reporting to
the Inventory Department on a daily basis their inventory
shortages, lost sales, back orders, large sales, new accounts, lost
accounts, new product and seasonal minimums, etc.
- Make sure all Branch Managers are consistently working to sell
aged and obsolete inventory.
- Make sure all branches are quickly repairing and selling
scratch and dent items so they don't collect in the warehouse.
- Make sure all Branch Managers are constantly looking for slow
moving inventory and selling it.
- Make sure all branches are rotating the inventory with every
receipt and selling the oldest product first.
- Make sure Branch Manager is protecting the inventory from theft
and damage. Self Development:
- All Product Managers are to attend at least one trade show
annually to view new products and services being marketed in the
- All Product Managers should attend at least one
self]improvement course, and/or read at least one book related to
his/her coaching role in the company annually.
- All Product Managers should review all trade journals each week
to improve awareness of new trends and relevant products in the
Keywords: Geary Pacific Supply, Portland , Product Manager - HVAC Equipment - Portland, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!