Project Manager, Advanced Industries
Company: JE Dunn Construction Group, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Best People + Right Culture . These are the driving forces
behind JE Dunn's success. By hiring inspired people , giving them
interesting and challenging work , enabling them with innovative
tools , and letting them share in the company's rewards , we've
found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+
years. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Role Summary The Project Manager 1 will provide overall direction
and leadership for an entire project or a portion of a larger, more
complex project in concert with the Project Superintendent. This
position will fully implement and manage the operation and
administration of the project. Builds and maintains lasting
relationships with clients, design teams and subcontractors. All
activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and
values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision Making: Makes decisions within defined
limits of authority and consults supervisor on other decisions. Key
Role Responsibilities - Core PROJECT MANAGEMENT FAMILY - CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates
awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment
through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates
safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Manages the JE Dunn prestart process.
- Supports the preconstruction team including quantity takeoff,
trade coordination and scope of work development, scope review, bid
package development, schedule development, bid list creation and
- Leads plan and implementation of buyout schedule. Verifies
pricing and scope, identifies successful bidders, provides gap
analysis against initial scope and manages issuance of
- Manages the submittal schedule set-up. Coordinates priorities
with the team; reviews and approves all shop drawings and samples
prior to submittal to architects or engineers.
- Ensures approved submittals are returned to subcontractors and
available to project team per the project schedule and the
- Coordinates with Logistics to obtain pricing on materials and
- Confers with risk management to ensure approval and/or bonding
requirements for subcontractors. Reviews decisions with project
leader. Provides ongoing risk analysis of subcontractors throughout
- Coordinates the various stakeholders of the project including
but not limited to subcontractors, owner, field, design team,
- Disseminates change requests to subcontractors for pricing and
schedule input. Gathers and evaluates subcontractor pricing to
- Prepares, submits and obtains owner/architect approval for
- Leads various meetings such as monthly project reviews,
progress meetings and OAC (Owner Architect) meetings.
- Completes monthly subcontractor and owner pay application
- Prepares project schedule with the Project Superintendent.
Gathers input from project team and utilizes Lean principles as
appropriate. Develops and updates project schedule for both
preconstruction and construction activities. Manages materials,
labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are
available to meet the project schedule.
- Identifies potential schedule impacts including scope, weather,
manpower and changes, and facilitates mitigation plans for these
- Provides appropriate written documentation for decisions
affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule,
legal, quality and/or safety. Employs current best practices for
- Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project
team(s) to communicate overall project status and
- Prepares monthly cost and margin forecast with input from
superintendent and reviews with the project team. Participates in
the development of the project budget. Regularly reviews costs
relative to the budget and highlights discrepancies to enable
improved financial performance.
- Leads overall project closeout process using best practice
standards, tools and processes such as the close-out punch list,
financials, sub contracts, warranties, etc.--
- Interfaces with region/company legal counsel as appropriate.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core N/A Knowledge, Skills &
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports
the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software
- Proficiency in required construction technology
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Advanced).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate
future work through building relationships.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
a project. Education
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered. Experience
- 5+ years construction management experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- May require periods of travel and/or relocation
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
- Assignment location may include project sites and/or in the
- Frequent activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
- Occasional activity: Standing, Walking, Bending, Climbing,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling JE Dunn Construction is
committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is
our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital
status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic
information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn
Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace. JE
Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable
accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your
request firstname.lastname@example.org JE Dunn Construction Company
does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies.
Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction
without a prior written search agreement will be considered
unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company.
Please, no phone calls or emails. Why People Work Here At JE Dunn
we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life and
the lives of those around them Building on our rich history, our
employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our
team-focused environment we do life together and are generously
rewarded for our efforts About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction
is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in
construction management services, design-build, and integrated
project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our
clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building
- 90+ Years of Construction Experience
- 22 office locations coast-to-coast
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn JE Dunn participates in
the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Keywords: JE Dunn Construction Group, Inc., Portland , Project Manager, Advanced Industries, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!