Remote DBA / Infrastructure Manager 5191
Company: TCI Technology Consulting Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
TCI has an immediate need for a Remote DBA / Infrastructure
Manager. This is not a C2C opportunity. This is a Direct Hire
Please note this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent
SUMMARYThis is a very unique career opportunity reporting directly
to the CTO and managing a team that ensures system uptime, database
administration, systems administration, and other technical
functions which support operations and software development for an
established software company in the healthcare industry.
- Becoming an SME capable of individually contributing to more
technically complex challenges, and a mentor/manager to junior team
members for day-to-day work.
- Managing and growing a team of 2 DBA's and 1
- Performing as a systems DBA in installation, configuration,
patching, upgrades, backups, restoration and/or disaster recovery,
refreshes, performance optimization, and other maintenance
- Performing as an application DBA to provide application DBA
support to a variety of internally hosted applications.
- Working with other departments to migrate toward third-party
SaaS applications for the majority of business functions where
applicable. (i.e., an internally hosted accounting application
which will require application DBA work immediately but which we
will migrate to third-party SaaS solution in conjunction with other
business stakeholders such as the CFO and head of internal
- Making changes to application databases as necessary to support
operational functions. (i.e., adding entries to tables or
adding/editing/removing users to support client
- Managing the company's instances of AWS.
- Managing the company's internally hosted servers and network
appliances, including interfacing with the data center,
troubleshooting/replacing equipment, and optimizing network
- Working with other parts of the development team to migrate the
company from internally hosting infrastructure to a cloud-based
platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Supporting releases of the company's internally developed
applications in conjunction with the development team.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor systems which will ensure
system uptime, and maintain procedures to be able to quickly
respond to performance degradation or outages in proportion to the
severity of the incident.
- Implement and maintain integrations between the company's
applications and third-party applications, using HL7, JSON, and
other common integration protocols.
- Work collaboratively with the Information Security Manager to
ensure adherence to information security policies, to ensure
systems and application resilience to threats (i.e., ransomware,
employee data manipulation, and other similar issues).
- Create and keep current the sections of the company's business
continuity and disaster recovery policies and procedures relevant
to systems and applications managed by your team.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 3+ years performing DBA functions.
- 1+ years performing DBA functions in an AWS environment.
- 1+ years performing DBA functions in an internally hosted
- 1+ years with relational databases (i.e., MS-SQL or
- 1+ years with document databases (i.e., MongoDB or Amazon
- 2+ years of experience managing a DBA team.
- Experience with AWS, MongoDB, Java, .NET, Tableau SaaS,
healthcare, payments industry and/or high growth company
- General knowledge of the Revenue Cycle Management
Keywords: TCI Technology Consulting Inc, Portland , Remote DBA / Infrastructure Manager 5191, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!