Account Manager, Employee Benefits
Company: Alera Group
Location: West Linn
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Propel is looking for an Account Manager - Employee Benefits to
join their team!Are you looking to be part of a company where you
have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive
impact?Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen
generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up
through mutual accountability and shared success?If that is what
you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing
organization!Propel Insurance has an opportunity for a dynamic
individual to join our rapidly growing Employee Benefits Practice
as an Account Manager. In this role, you will serve as the primary
client service contact and perform an array of account management
duties on an assigned book of business. In this team environment,
you will also support the Consultant and Account Executive on
various account management activities. Candidates seeking a culture
fit will appreciate and honor our core values, inspire thought
leadership from others, and drive to be best-in-class in their
- Ensure client satisfaction and deliver an exceptional level of
customer service in a professional and timely manner.
- Analyze and market employee benefit programs.
- Prepare renewal and new business proposals, presentation
materials, and supporting documents as necessary.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports.
- Review contracts, amendments, and SPDs for accuracy and
coverage; identify errors and coordinate corrections with the
- Provide claims, eligibility, billing, and plan administration
- Maintain effective working relationships with carriers,
vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of vendor products and
- Coordinate and conduct client presentations including open
enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, and renewal presentations.
- Maintain ownership of the agency management system (documents,
emails, phone calls, contracts, internal processes, procedures,
- Delegate specific tasks to Account Assistant/Administrative
- Provide Peer Review for other team members.
- Maintain current working knowledge of industry legislative and
compliance issues including, but not limited to ACA, COBRA, HIPAA,
ERISA, FMLA, etc.Qualifications
- Experience managing all lines of employee benefits coverage
including alternate funding arrangements (e.g. self-insured, ASO,
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional abstract reasoning and analytical
- Skilled in time management and prioritizing objectives.
- Minimum of 4 years of Employee Benefits brokerage
- College Degree or Equivalent Industry Experience.
- Applicable State Life and Disability License.Equal Opportunity
Employment We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.If you're a California
resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to
Keywords: Alera Group, Portland , Account Manager, Employee Benefits, Executive , West Linn, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!