Company: Foundation List
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position: Producing Director
Location: Portland Opera's Hampton Opera Center, just south of OMSI
in Portland Oregon
Do you love the theater, having fun at work, and gazing at the most
beautiful scenery Oregon has to offer? Portland Opera provides all
of that and more! While eating lunch from the break room, you can
see third-story balcony views of Mt. Hood and the river. What if
the weather is rainy? Enjoy your lunch inside and listen to the
opera singers as they roam the halls spreading their love for the
ARE YOU PASSIONATE AND INTRIGUED BY?
- Assembling and managing a team of professionals to bring
operatic experiences to life?
- Keeping a complex department of specialists operating at peak
efficiency, collaborating with other departments in the
- Negotiating all the details to bring all elements of a
production - physical, personnel, artistic - to life?
- Long-range planning and budgeting along with short-term
financial management to bring all the elements of producing
together on time and on budget?
- Knowledge of operatic repertoire and staging practices
- Understanding of IATSE, AFM and AGMA unions
- Ability to Multitask
- Strategic vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Budget and financial management skills
- Public speaking
- Excellent Leadership skills
Culture:With a passion for music and theater running all day in
front of everyone's minds, the Portland Opera provides an upbeat
and enthusiastic culture. The environment provides employees the
opportunity to always be at their best while having fun!
Portland Operaoffers productions of the highest artistic quality,
bringing the world of opera to the region. Over the past 58 years,
the company has presented more than 200 operas, including world
premieres. In addition to its annual season, the company is also
renowned for its outreach and educational initiatives, including
Portland Opera-To-Go, Opera a la Carte, and its Resident Artists
Program, which supports the next generation of opera singers.
Compensation/Benefits:We work to empower and inspire all to be
their very best. We are committed to keeping our employees and
their families as healthy as they can be, which is why we provide a
comprehensive benefits package.
- CompensationStructure:This position offers an exempt salary in
the range of $105,000 to $125,000 per year, dependent on
experience, with the below benefits:
- Our benefits start the 1stof the month following your start
date and include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision options
- Life Insurance
- Retirement planw/employer match
- Up to18 days of PTO plus 16+ Paid Holidays off; including the
last week of December off!
- Work-life balance with a 37.5-hour work week!
- Two complimentary tickets to all Opera productions
- Free parkingor employer-paidmonthlytransportation
- Indoor bike storage, shower, and locker room
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in
the workplace, and we are an equal opportunity employer. Portland
Opera Association will not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics
protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to
access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward
this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Ensemble & Cultural Equity
Our work relies on being an ensemble, and our ensemble only thrives
with diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect. We commit to
actively confronting and dismantling white supremacy, patriarchy,
and exclusion in our company, field, and community. We commit to
being inclusive and strive every day to be an anti-racist
organization. Learn more about our vision, mission, and values
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should forward resume and cover
letter to Please, no phone calls
For information about Portland Opera and to review the complete job
description and requirements for this position, please visit our
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal
Keywords: Foundation List, Portland , Producing Director, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!