Business Development Director
Company: Foss Maritime
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press "shift + =".
Some assistive technologies may require the use of a passthrough
function before this keystroke. For more information, activate the
button labeled "Explore your accessibility options".Develop sales
in the marine transportation project market with both prospective
(new) and existing accounts, in both domestic and foreign markets.
In this outside sales role, the Business Development Director will
build Foss' book of business by leveraging existing relationships
as well as prospecting, developing and closing new business
opportunities through face to face meetings within an assigned
territory. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Generates harbor services and marine project business through
utilization of owned and chartered in assets (including Foss
International assets) within an assigned territory.
- Under the guidance of the VP, MT Business Development &
Contract Services, establishes utilization goals of MT assets and
strategic sales plans to achieve them.
- Directs growth strategies within prescribed territory (market
segments, geographical, vertical).
- Develops business case strategies for growth or divestiture in
- Maximizes contact time in the field and develops market
penetration with existing and potential clients.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of competitive market and
assets to potentially charter for opportunities.
- Acts as the first point of contact and entry point in the
assigned market place.
- Represents Foss in industry functions and seminar attendance to
heighten marketplace visibility.
- Provides analysis and guidance in service segmentation and
- Supports business line managers in evaluation and preparation
of bids and RFP's.
- Manages negotiations of contracts, renewal or first time bids
and resulting administration.
- Manages the coordinated response to large project RFP's.
- In conjunction with the Pricing Manager and the VP, manages the
economic analysis and pricing for large projects.
- Provides analytical support for RFP's, bids, and other business
- Fosters cross-selling opportunities within the company and with
other FMC companies.
- In a matrixed organization, liaises with Project Services to
develop, team sell and manage new and secured contacts, and with
Finance to analyze bid packages.
- Provides budgets, plans and forecasts in compliance with
company standards necessary to predict assigned business segment
- Compiles and publishes various statistical information for
business analysis purposes.
- Utilizes company technology platforms including CRM and SAP to
develop business analytics including actual and projected sales
field activity information.
- Travels as required, including domestic and international
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve company Core
Values, Mission and Safety Vision. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and human relation skills in dealing
with customers and employees within matrix organization.
- Ability to deal with difficult and stressful situations in a
- Ability to make independent decisions in areas of rate
development, customer relations, problem solving that impact
company profit and loss.
- Ability to work with all levels of associates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; comfortable in an
- Able to perform duties with minimum direction.
- Able to be a team leader and mentor to other employees.
- Capabilities to develop, understand, interpret and analyze
accounting and financial information for preparation of
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office Suite, Maximizer,
- High-level expertise in Excel modeling and pricing
- Use of financial consolidation software and analytical
- Experience in vendor management on large projects.
- Knowledge of tug and barge operations, and applications to
harbor services lines of business.
- Knowledge of competitive marine industry environment and
relationships between companies (vendors, customers,
- General knowledge of ship assist and regional towing business
dynamics, including volume and cost impacts.
- Ability to analyze and handle confidential information. MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in business, management or
engineering required and 5 - 8 years' work experience in the marine
industry, with a minimum of five years' experience in projects or
project management. An MBA or leadership and management training a
plus. Foreign sales experience is required. Prior experience
working in JV or other cooperative relationship with third parties
is required.Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity -
Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are
committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a
drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment
Verification Program. Address 9030 NW St. Helens Road, Portland,
Keywords: Foss Maritime, Portland , Business Development Director, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!