Manager, Internal Communications (Remote)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job SummaryAt Avantor, we are setting science in motion to
create a better world. We are built on a culture of diversity,
equity, and inclusion with strong ties to our ICare values:
Innovation, Customer Centric, Accountability, Respect and
Excellence. And our team is growing - come join us!
We continue to advance our Internal Communications capabilities to
successfully build awareness and drive engagement to enhance
Avantor's reputation as a leading solutions and services provider
to the high-growth life science, advanced technologies, and applied
The Internal Communications Manager reports directly to the Vice
President, Internal Communications, and is responsible for
cultivating and creating exceptional communications as well as
robust, proactive communication strategies to support Avantor's
goals. This individual will help create, develop, and implement
communications programs that build and sustain the Company's
culture and values by working closely with all business functions
to uphold the Company brand.
- As a member of our Internal Communications team, the Internal
Communications Manager will lead and/or assist in multiple Internal
Communications initiatives, with a focus on using internal
programming and channels to engage our more than 14,000 global
- Contributes to the overall Communications plan and strategy for
the company. This includes improving processes, optimizing
communications platforms, and driving new ways to tell stories as
part of an integrated communications campaign to align with
business strategy and improve year-over-year communications
- Partners with functional leads across the organization to
provide proactive counsel and develop communications that support
- Identifies and implements ways to build and strengthen our
culture to support talent acquisition and retention.
- Plans and executes corporate/employee events and meetings.
- Implements best practices in communications, develops metrics
to track the effectiveness of these efforts and measures overall
performance and impact.
- Creates content for communication vehicles and activities
including newsletters, announcements, presentations, video scripts,
intranet, and other corporate materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or
- Five to eight years working experience in the field of
communications or related agency experience with a successful track
record in leveraging a host of internal channels to create an
integrated, holistic, comprehensive experience for employees,
writing compelling content that tells a story, implementing best
practices in both employee communications and reputation building,
as well as overall project management.
- Experience working with healthcare or biotech
businesses/products or a large manufacturing company is
- Experience partnering with Human Resources organization for
- Experience in developing and executing projects and strategic
- Strong ability to build productive relationships and lead
development of communications strategies through interactions with
diverse internal and external business partners, including company
senior leadership across a variety of functions and
- Excellence in the lifecycle of written communications,
including research, drafting, editing, and securing approvals.
These written materials may include background pieces, articles,
interview briefings or reports, as well as research and
- Ability to translate highly complex, technical content into
concise and succinct stories.
- Ability to build business acumen to link internal
communications strategy to business/functional goals and
- Experience using technology tools for measurement and reporting
- Strong writing skills with knowledge of AP Stylebook.
- Demonstrates accountability, responsibility and the initiative
and desire to create best in class content and drive measurable
performance results and timelines.
- Passion to try new things and accept change, with a drive for
continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Collaborative spirit.
- Flexible and adaptable - open to change as we support Avantor's
- Must have the ability to work with various levels of management
and possess high level of comfort engaging with and providing
proactive counsel to senior management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have O365 experience with specific knowledge of a
- Ability to remain calm in times of crisis and change.
- Proven ability to manage events, employee meetings, leadership
meetings, and other internal forums.
- Effective implementer, team player and project manager.
- Self-motivated decision maker.
- Strong problem/resolution skills at both a strategic and
- Ability to influence others and work successfully with
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at email@example.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Portland , Manager, Internal Communications (Remote), Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!