Company: R&H Construction
Posted on: January 26, 2023
R&H's mission is to deliver an exceptional building
experience and we believe that starts in Preconstruction Services
with excellent pre-planning and a partnership approach to every
project we undertake. A great Preconstruction Manager is
self-motivated and enjoys meeting clients and subcontractors as
much as putting numbers together for a well-thought out and
detailed budget. General Position Summary: Your primary role is to
manage and estimate a project throughout the Preconstruction phase,
for assigned project(s) that are approximately $2-10 Million in
size and nurture relationships with industry contacts to develop
new work opportunities for R&H.Essential Duties Include:
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid
meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Prepare estimates/budgets by calculating detailed take-offs of
scopes of work.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to project/bid as
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate
- Represent R&H to clients, potential clients, A/E, and other
contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project
- Drive to/from jobsites, client meetings, business development
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages in the
- Develop strong subcontractor relationships.
- Attend and actively network at twelve industry events
- Participate in and invite industry contacts to at least one
R&H organized marketing events.
- Document and maintain a network of industry contacts.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating
extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material,
- Actively participate in Business Development efforts and
request for proposal responses and interviews.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's
- Great communication skills - written and oral.
- Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems.
- Personable and professional.
- Collaborative, problem solver, hard working.
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control,
plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- College degree preferred in
construction/architecture/engineering or equivalent
- Construction field experience favorable.
- Four-seven years estimating, cost control and/or engineering
experience related to similar facility construction.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook, Project), Bluebeam
Revu & Viewpoint.
- LEED AP, OSHA 10-Hour, Revit/CAD experience are favorable.
- Knowledge of unit prices, construction means & methods, labor
productivity and our local market.Physical Activities:Key: Rarely
(0-20%), Occasionally (21-50%), Frequently (51-80%), and
Continuously (81+%)The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Performance of the
required duties will require physical ability to:
- Occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs
- Occasionally balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/ or crawl
- Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequently negotiate work areas under construction
- Continuous use of hands / fingers for keyboarding / mouse / and
touchscreensSpecific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus. Additionally, there is frequent sitting/standing
at a desk.Work Environment:This position generally requires 8-10
hours a day Monday-Friday. This position requires the incumbent to
work in the R&H Construction office with visits to potential
construction projects and projects that are underway. When walking
around a construction job site/potential jobsite the incumbent may
be exposed to weather conditions, dust, noise, chemicals, odors,
Keywords: R&H Construction, Portland , Preconstruction Manager, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!