Company: Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Director is responsible for growing the ministry by praying,
staffing, and funding the area through the Advancement Lanes:
Ministry, Board, Donor, Talent and International. The Director
works in alignment with the Regional Vice President, staff, and
board(s) to fulfill the FCA Vision, pursue the FCA Mission, and
live the FCA Values by developing and executing a ministry plan for
the assigned area. In the FCA Sports Enviornment(s), the Director
creates a strategic, consistent approach to discipleship -- making
disciples who make disciples. The Director is accountable for
ensuring that the FCA ministry is conducted according to biblical
standards and adhering to FCA policies and procedures.
FCA believes these responsibilities are critical to our mission and
that this position plays a vital role in our ministry. FCA expects
all functions and responsibilities outlined below to be carried out
with a heart surrendered to serving God as a form of worship.
- Agree with, and abide by, FCA's Christian Community
- Follow a spiritual rhythm including daily prayer and Bible
study to seek the Lord's will for the ministry of FCA.
- Lead, conduct and provide spiritual leadership for staff,
volunteers, coaches and athletes through prayer, Bible study,
worship and living by example so they are equipped to serve
- Be connected to and participate in a local church through
worship and weekly involvement.
- At all times, conduct yourself in a manner that affirms
biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA's Christian
beliefs. (see FCA's Christian Community Statement for details)
- Ensure FCA is engaging, equipping, and empowering coaches,
athletes, and volunteers through 1-on-1s, Huddles and
- Train and equip staff to empower coaches and athletes to be
disciples who make disciples in the Sports Environments.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and developing effective
and diverse staff.
- Recruit: Actively attract and recruit highly qualified staff
prospects to specific ministry opportunities identified in the
- Hire: Select candidates, ensure they become fully funded, and
onboard to fulfill specific roles and responsibilities based upon
their calling, character, competence and chemistry.
- Train: Provide tools, resources and training to develop staff
members' skills and increase their capacity and competence to
effectively execute their responsibilities.
- Develop: Prepare staff to lead self, lead others, lead teams
and lead organizationally in their current roles and to grow
spiritually, personally and professionally for future
- Ensure the recruiting, training, and developing of volunteers
is strategically aligned with the goal of growing the ministry in
the Sports Environments.
- Invite, involve, and invest in leadership boards who are
committed to pray, serve, and give to advance the
- Encourage Representatives to surround themselves with Advisory
- Serve as the chief fundraiser and financial manager.
- Provide tools, resources, and training for FCA staff to fund
the ministry by connecting, communicating, and caring for
- Establish and execute an annual budget and funding plan by
training and developing staff in growing Home Teams, major donors,
- Serve the aligned International Region by mobilizing staff and
volunteers to pray, give, and go.
Position is for the PNW Regional Director of Basketball
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the
employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or
without notice and with or without cause. The Position Description
does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable
promise or representation. FCA can modify this Position Description
at any time. Additionally, it is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
Keywords: Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Portland , Multi-Area Director, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!