Company: Pence Construction
Location: Lake Oswego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
If you're an experienced Preconstruction Manager seeking your next
career move, Pence could be the place for you! Our company offers
generous benefits, advancement opportunities and collaborative
Pence Contractors is a team of enthusiastic industry experts based
in Lake Oswego. We're an Oregon-owned and operated company focused
on Building Space for People to Flourish. To us, this means
creating an equitable workplace environment where everyone can
participate, be heard and feel valued. We're focused on constant
improvement both as a whole and as individuals. Our team serves as
a reliable partner to our clients as we help them build places to
grow, heal, learn, play and live.
The Preconstruction Manager shall coordinate with teams of
operations, estimating, and preconstruction professionals through
the preconstruction process to ensure projects will be successful
during construction from a schedule, budget, and quality
The Preconstruction Manager has comprehensive knowledge of all
types of commercial construction and understands all project stages
from preconstruction to project completion.
- Ensure successful pre-construction kick-off meetings are
- Implement and track Pence Construction Constructability Review
- Develop and drive Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the
- In collaboration with the Project Team, help develop a plan to
ensure that all phases of construction are completed on time,
within budget and within company guidelines.
- Create and track tasks and responsibilities and ensures
commitments are met by all (Owner, Design Team, Pence Team, AHJ,
- Perform site investigations
- Coordinate for temporary and permanent utilities
- Review and understand Owner, Contractor, and Subcontractor
- Facilitate preconstruction meetings
- Attend Owner and Design meetings as required.
- Prepare written correspondence to protect the company's
interests in both proactive and defensive manners.
- Preconstruction estimates & forecast
- Identify plan discrepancies and timely communicate potential
- Exercise discretion and creativity in resolving construction
- Review construction plans and generate work packages and scopes
of work to confirm all work can be successfully contracted and
- Typical hand off of the pre-construction process to the project
team will occur not later than post bid and contracting for a
- May work with Safety Department to produce site specific safety
- Conduct site assessment to identify existing or adjacent
hazards to the project site.
- Review hazardous material surveys and look at site for safety
- Be aware of all applicable building code and safety
- Responsible for setting up and updating preconstruction
schedule in smartsheet and sharing with internal Pence operations
- Responsible to ensure preconstruction process is meeting
- May assist project team in developing project schedule at SD,
DD, and CD phase
- Notify project team of critical path items and determine
priorities to maintain schedule.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Follow Company's purchasing procedures while ordering or
receiving any needed material and equipment within delegated
- Be the contact for the preconstruction process
- Oversee each stage of project and communicate regularly with
all necessary parties to keep team apprised of pre-construction
progress and associated issues or problems that may affect
- Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials
and inspectors as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction Engineering
Management or similar degree
- Preferred 5 or more years of Project Management construction
- Thorough understanding of building construction means and
methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract,
general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write thorough, complete, and timely reports and
business correspondence and effectively communicate ideas and
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all necessary
construction plans, blueprints, and documents.
- Advanced critical thinking and judgment skills.
- Strong organization/time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills and a familiarity with BlueBeam,
Smartsheet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have, or complete within six months of hire, CPR and first
aid certifications and OSHA 10 training.
- Must be available to work flexible hours. Work hours will be
consistent with a Project Manager in the construction
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Minimum of 1 years' experience with construction software
Employees have full medical, dental and vision coverage.
Preconstruction Managers also receive PTO, and are eligible for
Pence's 401k match program and an annual company bonus.
Keywords: Pence Construction, Portland , Preconstruction Manager, Executive , Lake Oswego, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!