OpenStack Technical Support Manager
Company: Canonical Group Ltd
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Open source is now the centre of technology innovation, and the
new default for tech and traditional companies alike. Canonical
Ubuntu is the fastest growing open source platform, with over 20
million users globally. Canonical provides commercial support,
consulting and training services to customers and partners who are
deploying Ubuntu. Our customers are technology innovators inside
global enterprises using Ubuntu and open source to build the future
in their industry.
Our regional Technical Support Managers run world-class Technical
Support teams - solving deep technical problems for customers
around the world on Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Desktop and on the public
cloud. They demonstrate two key attributes: customer focus -
ensuring that customers are always satisfied with the service they
are receiving, and technical excellence - ensuring that the support
team is always up to date with the our technology, and that they
perform sound and quick troubleshooting.
You'll need to be comfortable in a fast paced environment, able to
take responsibility for delivering to customers and enjoy
challenges. You will also need to care deeply about your team,
their skills, and their career development.
- Management of a professional support team, including skills
development and performance management
- Operational control, shift scheduling, accountability for key
performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures that all customer cases are responded to within the
SLA, and in a professional manner
- Act as the customer escalation contact, and ensure that such
escalations are addressed appropriately
- Accountability for customer satisfaction
- Contribution to the support knowledge base
- Continuous improvement to the team's processes and support
- Hire, develop and train support team to match business
- Work with the leadership team to drive growth and
Required skills and experience
- Extensive CLI experience with Linux at a technical level
(Support, Development, Implementation).
- Experience or knowledge of OpenStack, Public Cloud and
- Leadership experience, and preferably team management
- Confidence under pressure, with proven track record of high
- Preferably fluent in two languages English being
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works
with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world's #1
cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of
free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our
services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve
efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% work-from-home
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination.
Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a
better work environment and better products. Whatever your we will
give your application fair consideration.
Keywords: Canonical Group Ltd, Portland , OpenStack Technical Support Manager, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!