Senior Technical Product Manager
Company: Kava Labs Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% distributed
workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While
distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto
experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of
dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the
next evolution in crypto.Kava Labs is hiring for Senior Technical
Product Manager for its Protocol team, who will be responsible for
the product development process as they work collaboratively with
the Protocol Engineering Manager and team to scope and plan out
projects in alignment with KAVA. This is a full-time, remote
position and can be based anywhere within PST - EST time zones.What
You Will Do.
- Product Development Process: Own the Protocol product vision
and find alignment with Kava's roadmap and business goals. Carry
out our Protocol product development life-cycle from conception to
launch, optimizing Agile process, sprint planning, grooming, and
retros. Execute against team KPI's and deliverables.
- Create Diagrams & Shared Language: Craft Diagrams for major and
minor feature releases. Develop shared language to drive narratives
and understanding to Engineering and Business Development
departments in KAVA.
- Market Research/ Data Analysis: They will utilize OKRs, metrics
and data, to drive business performance to KAVA's various
- Working Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with other team leaders
from Engineering and Design teams to execute the product
development process. Scope and develop timelines for feature
specifications.Who You Are.
- 4+ Years experience as a Product Manager, with 2 different
roles owning a technical product (Ideally for platform and business
- 2+ Years experience running an Agile methodology.
- 3+ Years writing epics and user stories and 1+ years writing
- Experience owning 1 or more greenfield projects.
- 3+ Years experience across 2 different roles where you had to
learn and adapt to a new complex technology (Cloud, Distributed
- 3+ Years experience creating diagrams and shared communication
between different teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Business
- 3+ years working with customer facing products (ideally
- 3+ Years experience communicating roadmap with
- 3+ years experience identifying goals and OKRs for teams/
- 2+ Years experience providing business performance reports
based on metrics to leadership.
- Experience using Data Analytics Platform (Amplitude, Google
Analytics or Mixpanel).
- Has developed/ built features to get ahead of market
- Has experience working directly with the Head of Product or
- Able to adapt and adjust in a fast-paced changing digital
environment is a must.Nice to Haves.
- Experience with business platform products.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience working on a Cosmos or EVM Node provisioning
- Experience managing other PM's, or at minimum possess a strong
desire to manage.Interview Process.
- Recruiter: 45 Minutes.
- Head of People: 30 Minutes.
- Technical Screen: 1 Hour.
- Hiring Manager: 1 Hour.
- Panel Presentation: 1 HourWhat We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up,
wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic
Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO and Holidays
- A fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry
leadersDisclaimerBenefits, perks and policies are subject to change
and eligibility may vary based on location.About Kava Labs.Kava
Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them
openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out
by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed
to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for
accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today
that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is
growing rapidly.We are a remote-first, globally distributed team
that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning
to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach,
but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology
for the future.We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and
cultures but we're all united in our passion for building new open
financial infrastructure - together so that our efforts will make a
real impact and create lasting change in the world.Our Commitment
to DiversityKava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the
diversity of its growing team.Recruitment agencies and consultants
may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to
managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and
will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does
not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.
Keywords: Kava Labs Inc, Portland , Senior Technical Product Manager, Executive , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...