Senior Program Manager, Safety Health and Environment (iNeST)
Posted on: September 20, 2019
The PositionThis position is part of Genentechs Pharma Technical -
individualized NeoAntigen Specific Therapy (iNeST) team based in
Hillsboro, Oregon. iNeST is a next generation immunotherapy for the
treatment of patients with cancer manufactured on a per patient
basis. In this critical role, you will be part of a dedicated
cross-functional team working on production start-up activities
such as the design, installation, testing, and validation of
manufacturing equipment, processes, and the quality approach for
this exciting and novel technology.
This position is part of Genentechs Hillsboro Safety Health and
Environmental (SHE) organization and will serve as the primary
point of contact for the Hillsboro iNEST organization. SHE plays an
essential role in partnering with operations to ensure that we
safely produce products that enhance the quality of patients lives.
Together SHE and the operations team work together to ensure that
we protect our people, maintain our right to operate, and serve as
good stewards of the environment.
The Senior SHE Program Manager is responsible for developing and
managing a variety of safety and health programs. This individual
will serve as the SHE subject matter expert during the startup and
ramp of a pharmaceutical production facility. This position will
work closely within and outside of the SHE organization to ensure
SHE programs are integrated into business operations.
- Develop and assist with the implementation of SHE programs,
including training, that are applicable to the Hillsboro iNEST
- Oversee/conduct the SHE startup reviews for facility systems,
production areas, and manufacturing process equipment.
- Assists the site leaders in directing of the organizations
efforts to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations,
local requirements, and Roche corporate directives.
- Assist site leadership in the development of SHE goals and
objectives with the purpose of reducing risk to people and the
environment and improving culture.
- Assists site management in their investigation of SHE incidents
to ensure root cause(s) of incidents are identified, corrective
actions are appropriately assigned, and lessons are shared with the
- Serves as a subject matter expert for SHE technical issues and
works with cross-functional teams to mitigate employee and
- Assists with internal and external audits and inspections
relative to assigned programs, including reporting, notification,
facilitating regulatory inspections, and ensuring closure of
- Participates in and supports continuous improvement initiatives
to drive improvements within the SHE functions and the
- Supports company disaster/emergency response efforts by serving
as SHE technical expert during work related drills and/or
Competencies Identified for Success:
- In depth knowledge of safety and health regulations
- High level of comfort making decisions rapidly
- Effective at reframing challenges into opportunities. Track
record of being resilient and adaptable in navigating
organizational resistance and influencing others to adopt new
behaviors and approaches. Champion for EHS.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple challenges while developing solutions
in a short time period.
- Strong communication skills. Need to be comfortable leading
meetings and delivering training effectively. Need to be able to
understand and speak to your target audience.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
Math) discipline with 9+ years of safety and health program
management experience or Master's degree in STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 7+ years of safety
and health program management experience
Work experience preferred to be in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical
device, or high-tech industries.
- Certification in one or more of the following areas is
preferred: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Safety
Manager (CSM), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Experience conducting and leading formal risk assessments in a
Additional preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with Industrial robots and robot system safety
- Practical experience applying Lean manufacturing principles to
make improvements to manufacturing and manufacturing support
processes is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with Oregon OSHA regulations
- Excellent communications skills desired (written and oral)
Who We AreA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the
forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years,
using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for
serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple
therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses.
Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we
believe that our employees are our most important asset & are
dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online"
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry,
age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information
about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers
Keywords: Genentech, Portland , Senior Program Manager, Safety Health and Environment (iNeST), Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!