5876 - Chief Medical Officer (CMO
Company: Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) oversees Population Health,
Quality Management and the medical operations at Cascadia to ensure
excellent patient care. This position is a key contributor and
works closely with the Board, CEO and Executive Leadership to
determine organizational strategy. As a member of Cascadia's
Executive Team the CMO promotes integrated care, our vision of
trauma-informed and person-first approaches and helps create a work
environment of inclusion, safety, and acceptance. The CMO reports
to the CEO and serves as a member of the Executive Team, which is
responsible for establishing the overall direction of the
organization.--This position collaborates with leadership
throughout the organization to assure departmental goals and
objectives support the objectives and mission of Cascadia .
Cascadia is committed to building and maintaining a workforce and
leadership that is representative of our--community and those we
serve.--Cascadia has an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
hiring committee who's members participate in the selection and
hiring process. We want to--provide opportunity for all who feel
that they have what it takes to do this job apply. All incumbents
must understand, appreciate and respect the diversity and cultural
differences within our Cascadia community. It is expected that
there is an awareness and sensitivity to the perspectives and
perceptions to those we serve, as well as our colleagues . As
Cascadia is Trauma informed, the incumbent must support a Trauma
Informed Care Environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among
individuals receiving behavioral health services, it is required
that the incumbent understand the effects of trauma on health,
coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. Click
here to learn about the benefits we offer and more This position
description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of
responsibilities or an all inclusive job description. Medical
- Oversee all aspects of medical care delivery, regulatory
compliance, quality, efficiency, and the supervision of all
psychiatric and primary care medical providers.
- Collaborate with executive team members and direct reports
regarding goals and objectives that support integrated care and are
consistent with the Cascadia Strategic Plan.
- Lead the organization's process in integrating primary care
services into Cascadia programs, and related grants and
- Monitor the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the medical
team and implement changes that enhance the level of service,
overall efficiency and / or reduce costs.
- Participate in determining levels of integrated services as
well as assist in developing a plan to grow services offered.
- Stay up-to-date on new developments with regard to best
practices in integrated health.
- Determine appropriate medical staffing levels and oversee
recruitment and hiring of medical staff. Quality and Population
- Oversee Cascadia's Quality Management which provides regulatory
compliance and oversight for clinical practice and systems
consistent with the Oregon Administrative Rules (OARS), Oregon
Revised Statutes (ORS), contractual obligations and external
- Oversee Population Health Research & Innovation to ensure we
are leveraging data analysis, , program evaluation and
implementation in order to improve the health outcomes of the
individuals receiving care across Cascadia.
- Collaborate with other members of the Executive Team to assure
that the Quality Management and Population Health teams meet the
needs of the agency.
- Assure that medical staff maintain accurate and up-to-date
documentation associated with billing, assessment, treatment,
clients' progress and other activities, as required. Assure that
staff properly use electronic medical records (EMR) software as
part of the documentation process. Assure that staff productivity
meets industry standards.
- Consult on annual operating budgets and monitor medical
expenses to assure that the department and its programs operate
within established budgets.
- Provide and coordinate training to all staff involved in
diagnosis, treatment and care regarding relevant medical
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures
necessary to assure that all medical staff receive appropriate
clinical supervision, and all clients receive appropriate care.
- Provide strategic leadership focused on integrated care
- Partner and collaborate with team members to work toward shared
- Create, model and maintain a work culture that supports and
values inclusion, equity and diversity.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and adhering to
sound diagnostic and treatment plans and strategies.
- Contributes to strategic initiatives by successfully
operationalizing FQHC requirements.
- Work with medical team leaders to assess the progress and
performance of staff members, program performance, and adequacy of
- Assist and collaborate in establishing goals and objectives for
the organization, developing operating and personnel policies and
assisting in setting the organizational direction
- Attend and participate in all meetings as assigned, including
but not limited to staff and team meetings, consultations with
staff, individual and group supervision.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
Direct Client Care
- Within scope of practice, provides treatment to Cascadia
- Maintain EHR related to clients treated.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:--
- Licensed Medical Professional such as MD, DO with board
certification or eligibility and an active, unrestricted Oregon
- Must have an active DEA license.
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience required.
- Experience working within a FQHC or Community Health Center
- 5-10 years of experience practicing within a primary care
- Understand complexity of systems-approach in providing
services, the role of the agency in the broader health system, and
have a working knowledge and understanding of Oregon's health
- Knowledge of leading edge service options for individuals with
serious mental illnesses and substance use disorders
- Enter, retrieve, and analyze data
- Ability to analyze data and develop presentations to support
- Ability to navigate regulatory settings
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community
locations as needed. Working Conditions
- Environmental: Work is performed in an ordinary office
environment at Cascadia's Administrative building. Work hours are
typically Monday through Friday; however, this position may work
occasional weekends and/or evenings as necessary.
- Mental Demands: The Chief Medical Officer will have a varied
routine which requires the ability to manage a variety of tasks as
well as various deadlines and requirements, in addition to having
recurring monthly responsibilities. This will require the ability
to coordinate tasks through the direction of the staff. The work
regularly involves a degree of unpredictability and disruption of
planned tasks requiring a flexible time management approach. There
will be need for consistency, creativity, and composure. The Chief
Medical Officer is expected to have the ability to handle sensitive
and confidential information appropriately.
- Physical Demands: A typical work day consists of sitting at a
desk and utilizing computers and other office equipment. The
position requires travel in order to attend meetings and
conferences that are not located at Cascadia. Cascadia is an Equal
Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need
assistance, or an accommodation due to a--disability, you may
contact us at (503) 963-7654 or
Keywords: Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Inc, Portland , 5876 - Chief Medical Officer (CMO, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!